Bamboo Video Library is now available for SharePoint 2013. These days, companies need to share more than just documents. From training materials to commercials, companies are rapidly accumulating rich media such as videos. While SharePoint is pretty good at storing a lot of things, video and audio files come with their own requirements. Bamboo Solutions created the Video Library for SharePoint so users could create a centralized location for not only storing and linking to video and audio files in a variety of formats and locations, but for playing them back and sharing them as well. The Bamboo Video Library provides several advantages over a standard Document Library, such as:
New Features for SharePoint 2013:
- Now supported on SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013. New!
- Multiple Media Storage Options: Store media files directly in Video Library, or use an existing network file share connecting Video Library to a Bamboo File Share Library (sold separately).
- Support for Multiple Media Players: Choose from Microsoft Silverlight or Windows Media Player to play videos or audio from Video Library.
- Multiple Viewing Options: Automatically play videos and listen to audio using an item display form, pop-up window, or embedded player on a Web Part page.
- Automatically Extract Metadata: When a video or audio file is uploaded, details such as title, duration, format, number of audio channels, and resolution are automatically extracted.
- Upload File or Create a Streaming Link: Choose to either upload the physical video or audio file to the content database, or stream the file from a direct URL.
- Automatically Generate Thumbnails: When you upload or link to a video, Video Library will automatically generate the thumbnail image to associate with the SharePoint item. Optionally display a custom thumbnail defining the thumbnail image URL in the item properties (especially useful for audio files).
- Support for Multiple File Formats: Video Library includes support for multiple file formats, for both audio and video files.
- Multiple Item Display Views: Select from three different custom views to display your items, including Standard, Details, and Thumbnails.
- Promote Popular Videos or Audio: Each time a user views a video or audio file, a special counter column is incremented. Use this column to filter, group, or sort your SharePoint Video Library items.
- Support for Multiple Languages: Translate the text in the Video Library user interface to your language using the Bamboo Translation Framework.
Download a 30-day free trial of Video Library today, and let us know what you think.
Want to know which other Bamboo components and applications are currently available for SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series of announcements via the links below: