Bamboo Site Creation Plus
Help administrators better govern the way they create a SharePoint site while simplifying the site creation process for users using SharePoint online who are looking to collaborate on a team site or individually!
Overview of Features
The Site Creation Plus Web Part provides benefits to both SharePoint users and administrators. It gives administrators the ability to better manage the way they create a site by standardizing URL and user group naming and restricting the site template that users can select. For users, it simplifies the process they undergo to create a new SharePoint communication site by reducing the number of choices they see, and by adding new sites to a Links list automatically. This ensures that they complete an important step in the site creation process that is often forgotten when creating sites.
Simplify Site Creation
The end user’s job is simplified by minimizing the information/choices that must be made during the creation of individual sites or new team sites.
- Provide a title for the new site
- Provide a description for the new site
- Decide whether the new site in SharePoint will inherit permissions of the parent site or use unique permissions
Simplify Site Administration
Site administrators can standardize variables normally required to create a new site.
- Select a Site Template to be used for the new site contents. All sites created through an instance of the Web Part create the same type of individual or team site.
- Select a Links list where information about the new list is added automatically. All sites created through an instance of the Web Part can be represented in a Links list on the same site where the Web Part resides.
- Provide standard user group names for individual or team sites that use unique permissions.