Whether you have a small or large project–and the project could be a home improvement project, such as revamping your landscape, or a large work project such as migrating to SharePoint 2013–it’s a best practice to have a project plan and an associated project schedule. The project schedule allows you to identify the dependencies between tasks and the critical path – such as if a task is late, what is the impact on the rest of the tasks, and the project’s actual end date. As such, it’s my pleasure to announce the release of Task Master for SharePoint 2013, one of the core components of PM Central. And speaking of PM Central, prepare for its debut on SharePoint 2013, as it’s slated to hit the storefront later this week.
- Available for SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013.
- Create tasks based on options such as Start Date & Due Date, Start Date & Duration, or Start Date & Work.
- Assign multiple resources to a task.
- Select multiple predecessors to more accurately define task dependencies.
- Exclude Lunch Time, Weekend, and Holidays.
- Display critical path with total slack, early start, early finish, late start, and late finish.
- Add additional rules where, if the Recalculate button is disabled, Task Master will not apply any business rules or changes. Task Master will allow users to keep the data as is.
- Integrates with List Rollup Web Part R6.0.
- Color-code any choice column available in the Bamboo Project Task List or your own existing list. Color-code the progress bar and choose which column contains the progress bar information.
- Additional conditions for Adjusting Task Schedule: Change task’s duration, total work, or the due date when resource assignments are changed based on task conditions, e.g., keep duration constant, or keep total work constant but increase or decrease the hours that resources work per day.
- Set Task Master to automatically expand or collapse tasks with subtasks.
- Insert a new task above or below an existing task directly in the task details grid.
- Enable users to find task items highlighting the tasks based on the search terms.
- Allow users to select and delete multiple task items from the interface.
If you have simple projects where you just need to track the project schedule and not risks and issues or reports, Task Master is a perfect solution. Try it out with a 30-day free trial within your own environment, or request a free trial on our hosted sandbox environment if you don’t already have a SharePoint 2013 environment.
Want to know which other Bamboo components and applications are currently available for SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series of announcements via the links below:
- Alert Plus for SharePoint 2013
- Calendar Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Chart Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Custom Identifier Column for SharePoint 2013
- Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Group Email Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- KPI Column for SharePoint 2013
- List Bulk Import for SharePoint 2013
- List Print for SharePoint 2013
- List Search Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Mini-Calendar for SharePoint 2013
- My Alerts Organizer for SharePoint 2013
- Navigators for SharePoint 2013
- PM Central for SharePoint 2013
- Project Portfolio Dashboard for SharePoint 2013
- Rating Column for SharePoint 2013
- Site Creation Plus for SharePoint 2013
- Task Master for SharePoint 2013
- Tree View Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Visual Indicator Column for SharePoint 2013
- Workflow Conductor for SharePoint 2013