With User Profile Sync now available for SharePoint 2013, we’ve prepared a series of posts to help acclimate users to the new platform.
Before we begin, you will need to have an existing target Contact List in the site collection with which you will be syncing your data:
Now you are ready to open User Profile Sync and begin syncing your data from AD to Contact List. Step–step directions ( tab) for this process are as follows:
In the “Settings” Tab
- Open User Profile Sync program.
- In Sync Type, select the AD to SharePoint Site Collection Profiles option.
- In LDAP Connection String, input LDAP://OU=OU Name, dc=Full Domain Name.
- In Logon Domain Name, input Domain Name.
- In SharePoint Server or Site Collection, input the target URL.
- In Select Contact List, chose the list name that you want to use.
- In Select Account Name Column, choose the column which contains the correct user name.
- If you want to add new/additional users, select the Automatically add Users checkbox.
- If you want to delete users that exist in the target User Info list but do not exist in the source User Info list, select the Automatically add Users checkbox.*
*Please note that User Profile Sync will automatically update a user’s information if the user exists in both the source list and the target list.
In the “Access Account” tab
User Profile Sync supports three different authentication types:
- Classic/NTLM: Uses the logged-in user on your server who exists on the site collection administrators group to access
- Claims-Based Authentication: Uses existing user on the site collection administrators group
- Forms-Based Authentication: Uses existing user the on site collection administrators group
In the “Properties” tab
- Map columns between your SharePoint Contact List and AD. Please note that that the mapped columns must be the same data type.
- Click the Run button.
In the “Log” tab
- You can check the status of each user after the data import has completed.
- You will have three different radio buttons that you can now choose between: Show Failures, Show Successes, and Show All:
Finally, go to the Target User Info to see the result of your data import:
As with all Bamboo products, we invite you to download a 30-day free trial of User Profile Sync. As always, our product enhancements are driven listening to our loyal customers, and we welcome you feedback in the User Profile Sync forum.
Read the entire User Profile Sync for
SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide series:
Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 1: How to Sync Data from AD
to a Contact List
Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 2: How to Sync Data from AD
to SharePoint Site Collection Profiles
Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 3: How to Sync Data from a
Contact List to SharePoint Site Collection Profiles
Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 4: How to Sync Data from
One SharePoint Site Collection Profile to a Different SharePoint Site