With User Profile Sync now available for SharePoint 2013, we’ve prepared a series of posts to help acclimate users to the new platform.
Having numerous SharePoint users tends to lead to numerous site collections on your server. So what do you do when you want a user to be able to access a different site collection? With Bamboo’s User Profile Sync, you can resolve this issue in SharePoint 2013 by completing a SharePoint Site Collection Profile to SharePoint Site Collection Profile data sync.
To begin, you will need to create a source site collection as well as add some AD users, such as Members, Owners, Visitors, and Designers to your user groups.
Next, you will need to have a target site collection with which you will be syncing your data.
Now you are ready to open User Profile Sync and begin syncing your data from one SharePoint Site Collection Profile to a different SharePoint Site Collection Profile. Step–step directions ( tab) for this process are as follows:
In the “Settings” Tab
- Open User Profile Sync.
- In Sync Type, select the SharePoint Site Collection Profiles to SharePoint Site Collection Profiles option.
- In SharePoint Server or Site Collection, input the source URL.
- In SharePoint Server or Site Collection to copy, input the target URL.
- If you want to add new/additional users, select the Automatically add Users checkbox.
- If you want to delete users that exist in the target User Info list but do not exist in the source User Info list, select the Automatically add Users checkbox.*
*Please note that User Profile Sync will automatically update a user’s information if the user exists on both the source list and the target list.
- Select the appropriate SharePoint Group(s) in the target site collection:
In the “Access Account” tab:
User Profile Sync supports three different authentication types:
- Classic/NTLM: Uses the logged-in user on your server who exists on the site collection administrators group to access
- Claims-Based Authentication: Uses existing users on the site collection administrators group
- Forms-Based Authentication: Uses existing users the on-site collection administrators group
- Click Test Connection to check.
- Click Run to sync data.
In the “Log” tab:
- You can check the status of each user after the data import has been completed.
- You will have three different radio buttons that you can now choose between Show Failures, Show Successes, and Show All:
Finally, go to the Target User Info to see the result of your data import:
As with all Bamboo products, we invite you to download a 30-day free trial of User Profile Sync. As always, our product enhancements are driven by listening to our loyal customers, and we welcome your feedback in the User Profile Sync forum.
Read the entire User Profile Sync for
SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide series:
- User Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 1: How to Sync Data from AD
to a Contact List
- User Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 2: How to Sync Data from AD
to SharePoint Site Collection Profiles
- User Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 3: How to Sync Data from a
Contact List to SharePoint Site Collection Profiles
- User Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 User’s Guide, Part 4: How to Sync Data from
One SharePoint Site Collection Profile to a Different SharePoint Site Collection Profile