The introduction of the App Store was among the most welcome enhancements to SharePoint with the 2013 release, signaling the arrival of a new method of extending the platform through versatile app offerings from the Microsoft Partner ecosystem. Naturally, there is much to learn about working with apps, and we’ve created this User’s Guide dedicated to helping you with configuring an environment for apps in SharePoint 2013. In part 6 of our 7-part series, “User’s Guide to Configuring an Environment for Apps in SharePoint” we’ll show you how to create an App Catalog.
To begin, open the SharePoint 2013 Central Administration page and click on the Apps hyperlink.
In the App Management section, click on Manage App Catalog.
On the Manage App Catalog page, select Create a new app catalog site.
On the Create App Catalog page, input the following information into their corresponding text boxes: Title, URL, and Primary Site Collection Administrator.
You will now have a new App Catalog site created.
To view your App Catalog, enter the site URL into your browser.
New to the 2013 platform, Apps for SharePoint provide a great channel for adding functionality to a SharePoint site. Are you ready to start enhancing your SharePoint site with apps? To enable users to install and use apps, you must configure your SharePoint environment to support them. Check out the rest of our series to learn how to get your SharePoint environment app ready!
- Part 1: How to Configure the Domain Names in DNS
- Part 2: How to Configure the Subscription Settings
- Part 3: How to Configure the App Management Service Application
- Part 4: How to Configure App URLs Using Central Administration
- Part 5: How to Configure App URLs Using Windows PowerShell
- Part 6: How to Create an App Catalog
- Part 7: How to Add Apps from the SharePoint Store to a SharePoint Site