The introduction of the App Store was among the most welcome enhancements to SharePoint with the 2013 release, signaling the arrival of a new method of extending the platform through versatile app offerings from the Microsoft Partner ecosystem. Naturally, there is much to learn about working with apps, and we’ve created this User’s Guide dedicated to helping you with configuring an environment for apps in SharePoint 2013.
To begin, open the SharePoint 2013 Central Administration page and click on the Apps hyperlink.
In the App Management section, click on Configure App URLs. On the Configure App URLs page, input the App domain and App prefix:
- In the App domain textbox, input the domain name that you created for hosting apps (For example: chauteamapps.com)
- In the App prefix textbox, input a name to use as the URL prefix for apps
You have now successfully configured your App domain and App prefix.
New to the 2013 platform, Apps for SharePoint provide a great channel for adding functionality to a SharePoint site. Are you ready to start enhancing your SharePoint site with apps? To enable users to install and use apps, you must configure your SharePoint environment to support them. Check out the rest of our series to learn how to get your SharePoint environment app-ready!
- Part 1: How to Configure the Domain Names in DNS
- Part 2: How to Configure the Subscription Settings
- Part 3: How to Configure the App Management Service Application
- Part 5: How to Configure App URLs Using Windows PowerShell
- Part 6: How to Create an App Catalog
- Part 7: How to Add Apps from the SharePoint Store to a SharePoint Site