In just a few weeks, Bamboo’s User Profile Sync for SharePoint will allow you to automatically synchronize a master user database with another user database on the SharePoint 2013 platform. You will be able to map properties from the master user database to the target user database and view whether the update was successful, as well as view an audit trail of how each item was updated. As well, the Windows Scheduler can be used to automate the sync process.
Users added to or deleted from a SharePoint Site Collection Profile, Contacts List, or Active Directory can be automatically added or deleted in the target List (i.e., SharePoint Site Collection Profile or Contacts List). In addition, users added to a SharePoint Site Collection Profile can be automatically assigned to a SharePoint group.
For SharePoint 2013, User Profile Sync will offer four sync types:
- Active Directory to a SharePoint Site Collection Profile;
- SharePoint Site Collection Profile to a SharePoint Site Collection Profile;
- Active Directory to a Contacts List; and
- A Contacts List to a SharePoint Site Collection Profile:
User Profile Sync is currently available for users of SharePoint 2010 and 2007 and, if applicable, we invite you to take advantage of a free 30-day trial download to evaluate the product within your SharePoint environment in advance of the availability of the 2013 version. We anticipate releasing User Profile Sync for SharePoint 2013 within the next few weeks, and will provide a series of functionality-specific posts at that time.
Want even more sneak-peeks and previews for Bamboo Web Parts and components in SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series in the links below:
- Sneak Peek: User Redirect Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Sneak Peek: In/Out Schedule Board for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Group Redirect Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Chart Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Site Creation Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of List Print for SharePoint 2013