Looking to keep your project tasks in order on SharePoint? Thanks to the addition of the Timeline Web Part for SharePoint 2013, you can do just that. This helpful new feature allows you to see a high-level view of data from a Tasks list or other Web Part. In this article, part three of a three-part series on the Timeline Web Part, we’ll show you how to hide the Timeline Web Part on a Task list.
In this example, we will be hiding the Timeline on the Task list titled ListDemoTask.
There are two different ways to go about hiding the Timeline on a Task list:
Hiding the Timeline using ‘Edit Page’ for the ListDemoTask list:
1. When you open the ListDemoTask list, you will see two different sections:
- Items in the list
2. Click on the Settings icon in the upper right and select Edit Page:
3. Select Edit Web Part:
4. Make sure that the checkbox marked Show timeline is unchecked:
5. Click Apply and OK.
6. Select the Page tab on the Ribbon. Click Stop Editing to save your settings:
7. Click on an item in the list to open the Callout Menu.
- This is what you will see had you left the Show timeline box checked in Step 4:
- With the box unchecked, you will not see any text related to the Timeline on your Callout Menu:
Hiding the Timeline using ‘Modify Page’ for the ListDemoTask list:
1. Select the List tab on the Ribbon and select Modify View:
2. On the Edit view page, click the minus sign (–) that appears in front of the heading Style:
3. Uncheck the box that is next to Show timeline above the view. Click OK:
4. With the box unchecked, you will not see any text related to the Timeline on your Callout Menu:
Note: When you uncheck the Show timeline above the view option in the Edit view, the Show timeline option is no longer enabled and therefore you cannot select it from your List Views menu.
Interested in learning more about the Timeline Web Part for SharePoint 2013? Check out the other parts of the series: