Adding the Script Editor Web Part to Your Site:
- Log into SharePoint 2013 and click the Page tab from the Ribbon. From here, click on the Setting icon on the upper right and select Edit Page:
- On the Edit page, select the Insert Web Part tab from the Ribbon. From the Categories menu, select Media and Content and then Script Editor from the Parts menu:
- Click on the Add button at the bottom of the page to install the Web Part.
Embedding Code to Your Site:
- Once the Web Part has been successfully installed on your page, you will see a hyperlink button under the Script Editor labeled EDIT SNIPPET. Click the EDIT SNIPPET link to insert HTML/Script code:
- In this example, I will insert an image, button, and alert a string as pictured below:
- After you have inputted the appropriate code in the Embed dialog box, click Insert to save the HTML/Script.
- Click the Save button on the right corner of your site:
- Once you have successfully completed the embed, you will see the results of your code displayed on your site, similar to the following:
Want to know more about out-of-the-box web parts available for SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series:
- How to Use the Note Board Web Part in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use Microblogging in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use the Content Query Web Part to Rollup Data in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use the Tag Cloud Web Part in SharePoint 2013
- How to Use the Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint 2013