SharePoint 2010! SharePoint 2010! Everyone is so excited about SharePoint 2010, released last week. For This Week in Bamboo, we are also excited to announce our first SharePoint 2010 compatible product: List Bulk Import (Release 2.0) is now available at the Bamboo storefront. Check out our Product Manager Announcement blog for details and download our free 30 day- trial to see its new features. More information about bug fixes and limitations can be found below.
- Provide support for Office 14/MS Office 2010 Excel.
- SQL DataBase Import Mode: Add ability to alpha sort list selections to the drop down menu when selecting a table/view and/or the drop-down menu view to extend to reveal the entire title of a view or table.
- Ability to refresh data set for saved template imports.
- Provide Support for Hyperlink (URL and description) and image fields.
- Add Option to empty list before importing new items to empty the SharePoint list before adding new entries to the list. This is for replacing all items in the list when running in wizard mode. This option is not available in AutoRun mode in this release.
- Use Saved Import Template in import process and clear out Source List and source file.
- Support Import/mapping value for Content Type Field.
- The process of required fields being empty but BI still imports item successfully.
- Change warning message to "You must specify a non-blank value for all required columns."
- Use the bulk import to import an excel file. It says "invalid file format".
- Only current versions of items are imported. This includes Multiple Lines of Text with Append Changes to Existing Text enabled.
- List Bulk Import 64-bit edition only supports Excel 2010, else user has to save Excel file in CSV format.
- Importing from SharePoint v2 is no longer supported.
- Does not support Bamboo Solutions' products Column Level Security and Bamboo Video Library.