In SharePoint 2010, there are two options when creating a new Web application: Claims-Based Authentication and Classic Mode Authentication. However, when creating a new Web application in SharePoint 2013, Claims Based Authentication is the default. In this series, I’ll show you how to create a Classic Mode Authentication in SharePoint 2013 using the Negotiate (Kerberos) method
- Go to Central Administration, select Manage Web Applications, and Create New Web Application.
- In Claims Authentication Types, select Negotiate (Kerberos) in the drop-down list, and click OK.
- 3. Once complete, select Create Site Collection, and click OK.
- 4. After having successfully created a new site collection, select Go to this site. A blank page will indicate you cannot log onto the site.
To learn how to log on to the site, continue reading our series How to Create a Classic Mode Authentication via ‘Negotiate (Kerberos)’ in SharePoint 2013:
- Part 1: How to Create a Classic Mode Authentication via ‘Negotiate (Kerberos)’
- Part 2: How to Establish Name Resolution
- Part 3: How to Create Service Principal Names
- Part 4: Delegation
- Part 5: How to Authenticate the Provider
- Part 6: How to Verify Functionality
For further reading: