SPC 2012 officially began yesterday evening with an opening reception in the Exhibit Hall, welcoming 10,000 attendees with food, drinks, gifts to bring home, and new products on display from Microsoft and SharePoint vendors. The theme for this year is Share More Do More with SharePoint. The Bamboo booth (#941) is situated in a great location again this year, right next to the Microsoft exhibit in the center of the floor and near the food. It was an exciting night at the Welcome Reception. At the outset, those of us who are staffing the booth this year got a short training session from our marketing lead, Chris Dooley, on how to scan the badges of visiting attendees. We had a good turnout of some 350+ attendees stopping our booth to find out what’s new with Bamboo, including loyal customers who came just to express how much they love the products. Some of them came over from other countries like Norway. Some are collectors of the Bamboo t-shirts which we give out for free at every SharePoint Conference. One avid collector even asked if we still have any of last year’s SPC 2011 t-shirts available. We were excited and proud to showcase Project Management Central for SharePoint 2013 for the first time publicly. Attendees also asked to see Workflow Conductor, Knowledge Base Solution Accelerator, Community Central, and some of our individual components such as Calendar Plus.
If you missed the excitement last night, please stop by booth #941 before the end of the week and ask for a demo or a free limited edition SPC 2012 t-shirt. Stay tuned to Bamboo Nation for our ongoing coverage throughout SPC, which will include a video that I captured of the “Gangnam Style” flash mob that occurred after this morning’s keynote and starred Dux Raymond Sy. (Our co-worker Lucy signed up to participate too.)
Missed any of Bamboo Nation‘s SPC 2012 coverage? Catch up here:
- Greetings from Booth #941 at SPC 2012 in Las Vegas!
- Notes from the SPC 2012 Keynote
- Dux Raymond PSY Leads the ‘Gangnam Style’ Flash Mob at SPC 2012
- Dan Holme’s ‘Deployment Wizard: SharePoint 2013 Installation Tips, Tricks, and Scripts’
- Surrealism at SPC 2012: Jon Bon Jovi, Speaking at Colligo’s STP Africa Luncheon, & More
- Dux Raymond Sy’s ‘Lead the Enterprise Social Revolution – 5 Steps to Drive Culture Change
- Sharing the Point is About Much More than SharePoint…
- Microsoft SharePoint is Inconsiderate to Ladies
- Jon Bon Jovi & the Kings of Suburbia Play a Pool Party for SharePoint
- John Pruitt & Robin Miller’s ‘Building Vibrant Communities in SharePoint 2013’
- Chris Bortlik’s ‘Overview of the Top 10 Ways that SharePoint Will Help Drive End User Adoption’
- The Sharing the Point Roundtable Discussion, & Some Ruminations on This Year’s Microsoft SharePoint Conference