Manage tasks, dependencies, constraints and schedules within a project or between projects.
Overview of Features
No more guessing when your projects will deliver.
Managing multiple projects and the resources spread across these projects is challenging, especially when the project is complex and contains tasks that depend on the successful completion of other tasks or projects. Project managers need to monitor the impact on the schedule when the due date of any task changes. Bamboo’s SharePoint Task Master offers effective schedule and resource management based on task status, priority, milestones, dependencies, and other essential project management tools.
- Create tasks based on Start Date & Due Date, Start Date & Duration, or Start Date & Work
- With Inline editing, edit task items directly in the Web Part interface
- Use the Assignment Units feature to allocate a percentage of a resource to a task
- Select specific task items to focus on in the Gantt view.
- Use the Save and Refresh options to save and undo recent changes
- Filter tasks to display specific criteria by selecting a different view
- Color-code tasks and milestones by priority or status.
- Set up task dependencies
- Configure columns to display in the task details grid.
- Identify task information to display with the Gantt bar.
- Insert a task directly in the Web Part
Show Critical Path
- Assign Multiple Predecessors
- Exclude weekends and holidays
- Show the status of task schedules using customizable indicators
- Show the task grid, the Gantt chart, or both.
- Use Task Master with a task list from any site in the site collection
Assign multiple resources to a task
Exclude Lunch Time
Integrates with List Rollup Web Part
Additional conditions for Adjusting Task Schedule
Improves the tool pane interface
Provides Search option
View Project Schedule Configuration Settings
Delete task items from the interface
Disable the Recalculate button
Exclude Weekend and Holidays
Manage Tasks from Any Site
Task and Milestone Color Coding
Customize Web Part Options
Compatible with Bamboo Custom Identifier Column
Customizable Gantt View
Flexible Task Assignments
Set Task Constraints
Set task constraints such as Must Start On, Start No Earlier Than, Start No Later Than and As Soon As Possible.
Glossary and Help Section
Configurable Duration Column
Set the Duration column to display work in minutes, hours or days.
Expand or Collapse Subtasks
Calculate % Complete
Direct Editing in Gantt View
Create, edit or delete tasks directly from the Gantt view.
Bamboo Project Task List
Task Master automatically creates the Bamboo Project Task List when you add Task Master to a page so that you can begin setting up your project tasks immediately after configuring the Web Part.
Color-code any choice column available in the Bamboo Project Task List or your own existing list. Color-code the progress bar and choose which column contains the progress bar information.
How Does it Work?
SharePoint Task Master shows tasks and milestones hierarchically, with dependencies and related task information, in a task details grid and Gantt chart view. Display only the task information you choose, in the order and level of detail you need. Task data is stored in the Bamboo Project Task List or in a task list of your choice, anywhere in the SharePoint site collection.
To use SharePoint Task Master:
Step 1: Add the Web Part to a page and configure it.
Add the Bamboo Task Master Web Part to a page and open the tool pane to select a task list, set working hours and holidays, and define Gantt chart and grid view options.
Step 2: Add tasks.
To start adding tasks, click the New Item button and enter task information. Indicate whether the task is a Parent Task (i.e., Summary Task), has Predecessor Tasks that must be completed before this task can start, or has constraints like Start No Later Than orMust Start Ona specific date.
Step 3: Manage tasks using the task grid and Gantt views.
In the Task Master Web Part, edit tasks, switch views (i.e.,Day, Week, Month, Quarter or Year) or filter the tasks displayed by selecting a different task list view. Print the task details grid or Gantt chart, zoom the timescale in or out to view more or less task detail, show the critical path, and more.
This product is available and fully supported as a perpetual license as an individual purchase. Non-Production environments are ½ price. Education and Non-Profit pricing is available, please contact sales.