Break free from file size limitations and bring your external files into the fold with File Share Library. As the missing link between SharePoint and your external network file share, File Share Library provides the ability to connect SharePoint to your existing external file shares, allowing your existing hardware to handle your storage instead of the SharePoint content databases. When you invest in File Share Library, you’ll conserve valuable storage space on SharePoint while at the same time maximizing both your SharePoint and existing file storage investment.
By providing powerful on-demand and scheduled synchronization options, File Share Library allows you to rest assured that you always have access to the latest version of your document available in a centralized location.
Looking to store large media files? With File Share Library, you can save valuable database space by storing video and audio files on an existing network file share and later play your files directly in SharePoint when you connect to a Bamboo Video Library.
So what are you waiting for? Contact us today, it’s time to start capitalizing on File Share Library’s full range of capabilities including:
External File Share Storage
Associate the File Share Library to an external file share for file storage, saving valuable space in the content databases, and removing file size limitations inherent to SharePoint
Familiar Library Interface
Features such as upload and metadata management are unchanged from out-of-box SharePoint Document Libraries, meaning users will be able to use File Share Library like any other library.
Scheduled or Manual Synchronization
Set a schedule for file synchronization, and/or enable on-demand syncs to update whenever needed.
Establish Data Integrity Rules
In SharePoint 2013 & 2010, File Share Library provides the following granular rules:
- When a file is added to File Share Library, choose whether the file is uploaded to the external file share, and linked to from File Share Library, or if the file is uploaded directly to the File Share Library itself.
- When a file is deleted from File Share Library, choose whether the associated file in the external file share is deleted or archived.
- When a file is deleted from the external file share, choose whether the linked file in File Share Library is updated with a “Lost” status or if it is deleted.
In SharePoint 2007:
- Set rules to determine what happens (delete file, archive file, leave file) when a file is either imported or deleted in the File Share Library.
- If a file is deleted from the external file share, the associated file’s status in the File Share Library is set to
“Lost” to preserve the file’s metadata.
Promote Relevant Files
With File Share Library, begin promoting relevant files to SharePoint using the “Mark File for Import” feature. This allows companies to migrate their external file shares to SharePoint without importing the entire file structure. This offers an easy way to sift through years of data.
In SharePoint 2013/2010, store video and audio files on an existing network file share-saving valuable content database space-and play and manage the media files in SharePoint by connecting File Share Library to a Bamboo Video Library.