At Bamboo this week, a major release of Virtual Map View Release 2.0 for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013 was released to the storefront with new improved features along with a patch of Alerts Administrator. Check out our store and see below for more details of the new releases.
• Added the ability to define the center of a map and set the default zoom level.
• Added support for Degrees Minutes Seconds (DMS) geocoding format for locations.
• Added ability to toggle left navigation pane on/off.
• When all the fields (Address, City, State/Province, Country/Region) are not fully configured, page navigation doesn’t appear.
• Some users may have issues with the copyright text for Google Maps appearing in incorrect places when zooming in.
• Maps do not auto-zoom when using Google Maps.
• Image columns used in Item Descriptions do not show pictures.
• Geocoding settings are lost when reopening the Web Part settings when the data source is a SQL database.
• Some longer text may be cut off instead of the wrapping when using Bing Maps.
• Markers are not displayed when commas are used as separators in longitude and latitude values.
• Markers are not displayed when regional settings are changed.
SharePoint 2010 Release 2.0.38:
• No New Known Issues or New Limitation.
SharePoint 2013 Release 18.104.22.1683:
• No New Known Issues.
o When used on a SharePoint Server 2013 page with anonymous access that also contains the Site Feed Web Part, the error message “Sorry, something went wrong.” is displayed instead of the Site Feed.
• Pagination controls disappear after using the grouping feature.
No New Known issues or New Limitations.