Whether you’re brand new to SharePoint, or upgrading to the newest Microsoft release, if you’re up and running with SharePoint 2013, you may have already come up against the limitations of its out-of-the-box alerting. If so, we’ve got some good news for you. Bamboo’s ever-popular Alert Plus is now available for SharePoint 2013 and ready to help you supercharge your company’s notifications.
While SharePoint offers basic alerting out of the box, it’s somewhat limited. It does allow a user to request notification when any item in a specific list is created/updated/deleted, and it also offers a few pre-built filters for those alerts, but what if you need more control? What if you want to be alerted when a task is almost due or overdue? What if you only want to be alerted on a specific item? What if you only want to get alerted if a specific field changes? What if you only care if it changes to a certain value or range of values? That’s where Bamboo’s Alert Plus comes in.
With Alert Plus, you can configure custom alerts for just about any scenario you can imagine. Limit alerts to changes in a specific list view. Send an alert when a field changes and the new value is less than the old value. Set multiple custom criteria and filters based on whatever specific business logic you require. If you can think of it, you can do it, and in just a few minutes. It even works with Bamboo’s List Rollup, so you can combine content from multiple lists and alert on it.
You’re also not limited to only sending alerts to yourself. You can subscribe other users or groups to an alert, and even use real-time lookups to decide who gets notified right when an alert gets sent. Did we mention completely customizable rich text emails? Yeah. That’s there too.
Alert Plus also gives you centralized control over your custom alerts. Simple Web Parts let you create and manage alerts for multiple users across multiple lists and sites. No more searching the far corners of SharePoint to find and manage users’ alerts.
Still not enough for you? What if instead of just sending an alert, you could kick off an entire workflow? That’s right. Use the same powerful triggers that Alert Plus offers for notifications to start an out-of-the-box SharePoint workflow, a SharePoint Designer workflow, a Visual Studio workflow, or (my personal favorite) a Bamboo Workflow Conductor workflow.
So, what are you waiting for? Oh. You’d like to see it in action first? We’ve got you covered there too. Download a free 30-day trial of Alert Plus or skip the download and give it a spin in our online sandbox. Whichever route you go, stop settling for the status quo and get the most out of your SharePoint environment with Bamboo and Alert Plus.
Want to know which other Bamboo components and applications are currently available for SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series of announcements via the links below:
- Alert Plus for SharePoint 2013
- Calendar Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Chart Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Custom Identifier Column for SharePoint 2013
- Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Group Email Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- KPI Column for SharePoint 2013
- List Bulk Import for SharePoint 2013
- List Print for SharePoint 2013
- List Search Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Mini-Calendar for SharePoint 2013
- My Alerts Organizer for SharePoint 2013
- Navigators for SharePoint 2013
- PM Central for SharePoint 2013
- Project Portfolio Dashboard for SharePoint 2013
- Rating Column for SharePoint 2013
- Site Creation Plus for SharePoint 2013
- Task Master for SharePoint 2013
- Tree View Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Visual Indicator Column for SharePoint 2013
- Workflow Conductor for SharePoint 2013