How to upgrade Discussion Board Plus from previous versions to current version R2.5
The purpose of the Upgrade Utility is to update data from previous versions to the current version, such as the number of Replies, Views, and more.
You must run the Upgrade Utility in the following cases:
- If you are upgrading this product from versions 1.0 or 1.5 to version 2.0, or the current version 2.5
- If you are migrating this product from SP2010 to SP2013 R2.0 or R2.5
When running Discussion Board Plus Upgrade Control on the Setup, in order to upgrade, the User Interface didn’t use to look professional. In our new upgrade, we’ve designed a new user interface that’s easier to use.
In R2.5, we have moved the Upgrade Utility to the Central Administrator page. When you’re ready to upgrade the data, you’ll need to follow the steps listed below:
After installing Discussion Board Plus onto your server, go to the Central Administrator page → scroll down to click Upgrade Utility under the Bamboo Discussion Board Plus Settings section.
Note: If there are errors related to resource files, see further instructions at the bottom of the article.
Here you have two options:
- Upgrade Discussion Board Plus lists in a Site Collection: If you want to upgrade only one site collection, enter the site collection URL into the textbox and click the OK button.
- Upgrade Discussion Board Plus lists in a Web Application: If you want to upgrade a web application, enter the web application URL into the textbox and click the OK button.
After running Upgrade Utility, return to your site and click F5 to refresh the page. Everything should show up correctly now.
We’d like to show you some problems related to resource files, which you can see in the upgrade
After installing Discussion Board Plus, the product shows an error page when you click on “Upgrade Utility” or “E-mail Settings”. This is usually due to the resource files not being copied to the global resources folder (App Global Resources) of the web application, following solution deployment. This may happen if the SharePoint Timer service account did not have the appropriate permissions to successfully execute the custom job(s) that are scheduled during deployment.
The following command will copy the resource files required at the web application level from their locations in the 14 or 15 hive CONFIG folder, to the correct location in each web application on the server.
Note: this is not a farm-wide command, it must be invoked on each server in the farm that is running the Web
Let’s look at the following steps:
- Run cmd by Administrator permission
- Type cd C: Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions15BIN
- Run stsadm.exe -o copyappbincontent
- Next, return to Central Administrator and click refresh page. It will display the content as