Your favorite SharePoint tool for tracking, managing, and reporting time spent on projects has been updated with some brand-new features with Bamboo’s latest release of Time Tracking and Management for SharePoint 2010. After you’ve successfully logged-in and created your timesheet site, you can start taking advantage of all the benefits that Time Tracking and Management 1.6 has to offer!
Need help configuring your timesheet? Check out these previously published blogs for step–step instructions on creating a Time Tracking & Management site, configuring time tracking, and entering time into your timesheet:
User’s Guide to Time Tracking and Management for SharePoint 2010, Part 1: Creating a TTM Site & Configuring Time Tracking
User’s Guide to Time Tracking and Management for SharePoint 2010, Part 2: Configuring Cost Tracking & Entering Time in the Timesheet
Now that your Time Tracking & Management (TTM) application is up and running, let’s look at some of the significant features/changes in TTM 1.6:
- To allow multiple resources track their time against administrative time, go to the Administrative Time List and assign the allowed resources. Enter the resources in Assigned To and enter Planned Work.:
- There are times when more than one resource is needed to complete a task. You can assign multiple resources to a task going to the Timesheet Tasks List. Enter Start Date, Due Date, Planned Work, and the respective assignees in Assigned To. These resources can now track their time against this task effort:
To enter time, and track and get reports on your multiple users, follow the steps described below.
- Login as a user (in this example, we’ll start with spuser1) and go to the Timesheet Entry tab under the Time Tracking and Management task. Enter the hours that you would like to submit to the Timesheet Manager:
- All the timesheet users who are assigned to the same task should be able to see and enter their time against the TTM task. For example, either Tester-Phuong Thi Nguyen or spinstaller should see TTM task in their timesheet when they login and report their time against it:
- In version 1.6, the reports have additional features which give users the flexibility to narrow down the report or run the report based on a certain criteria, e.g., based on the resource name, project name, or the title of a task. Users can also export the report to an Excel spreadsheet:
- For example, select spuser1 on Resource Name, then report, and you will get a display of spuser’s timesheet:
As with all Bamboo products, we invite you to download a 30-day free trial of Time Tracking and Management, or sign up for a free webinar. As always, our product enhancements are driven listening to our loyal customers, and adding the critical enhancements that you require in order to further increase your project management efficiency.