This week, we released to our store SharePoint Task Master R2.5 for SharePoint 2010 along with the patches for the following products: Tree View Web Part, SharePoint Team Calendar, User Account Setup Web Part, Password Expiration Web Part, and SharePoint Knowledge Base Solutions Accelerator. For details about the latest release of SharePoint Task Master, please see our Product Manager Announcement blog: SharePoint Task Master 2.5 for SharePoint 2010 – Optimizing Performance and Time With Task Management. And for a complete list of bug fixes, great new features, limitations and known issues about the patches release, please see below.
HW45 SharePoint Task Master Release 2.5.67 (SharePoint 2010):
• This product uses a new control to improve performance.
• Inline editing is supported.
• Users can filter data based on a specific date on all selected views in the tool pane. This option is useful when users have data that spans several years.
• Adjust column width on demand.
• Set the date where you want the Gantt view to start, e.g. set the Gantt view to display starting Today or a specific date.
• Previous business logic was that if Percent Complete is more than 0%, the status automatically changed to In Progress when users click the Recalculate button. If Percent Complete is 100%, the status automatically changed to Completed when users click the Recalculate button. Additional logic has been added where the status will not change based on Percent Complete if the status is Deferred or Waiting on Someone Else.
• Sample scripts for manual installation/uninstallation are provided in the product extraction folder’s misc folder.
• The Task Summary’s status does not change when the subtask’s status changed, e.g. the subtask’s % Complete and status change from 0% and Not Started to 5% and In Progress. The Task Summary’s % Complete changes. However, the Task Summary’s status remains as Not Started.
• The Recalculate button does not update all items in 1 click when Task Summaries have several tasks and when there are dependencies between the Task Summaries.
• When Working Hours mode is changed in the tool pane to None, the Start Date and Due Date are different after clicking on the Recalculate button 2 times.
• The font color of the items in the grid changes after clicking on the Recalculate button. Press F5 and the color will go back to normal per the tool pane’s settings.
• After moving to another page and coming back to the page, Task Master collapses all items even though “Automatically Expand Level” is set to expand default in the tool pane.
• If the task has a Task Summary and child tasks where one of the child tasks is outside of the Gantt interval scale, users are required to click two times to expand the tasks that are outside of the scale.
• If the options to use Save and Refresh are turned on, after clicking the Save button, the Filters drop-down list will not display any options. Users need to refresh the browser using the option Control + F5.
• When upgrading from R2.0 to R2.5, the existing task items will keep their value for the Work and Duration columns. Users are not required to click on the Recalculate button. But if users are upgrading from R1.7 to R2.5, if the Work and Duration have 0 value, users are required to click on the Recalculate button.
• When Task Master is first installed or new items are first added, even if the tool pane is set to “Automatically Expand Level as (blank)”, the items will be collapsed. Users are required to edit the tool pane and click Apply and OK again.
• When Task Master is not set to expand and users expand certain task summaries, if they go to another site and come back, this information is not cached in the browser, and all the items will be displayed as collapsed.
• The Gantt view will display in the grid view if users click on the Gantt view.
• Task items do not expand the first time when users click on the + sign.
• If the Gantt view is set to Day View and a task item’s Due Date is later than the current day, the browser window will expand wider than the actual page.
• Missing Image tag appears at the bottom of the Gantt view for a certain view/time scale.
• Users cannot add the Web Part into a rich content zone on team sites.
• The printout does not show the same color as in the Task Master UI/legends.
• When the data set shown in Task Master spans across several years, the Print option will not show all items in the Gantt view. Users should use the “filtered date” option in the tool pane to filter to a smaller data set. Or, zoom out to show all items in the Gantt view without using scroll bar before printing.
• If users carry several changes, such as reconfiguring the scale for the Gantt view, editing the form of a task item, and dragging the scroll bar to line item 200, Task Master does not remember which line item that the users were at.
• After clicking Print from the Task Master toolbar, pressing Cancel in the Print Settings dialog box also cancels the Print Preview.
• Drag-and-drop functionality is limited to only dragging a task item to change its duration.
Current Known Issues:
• Sometimes a popup box reading “Stop running this script….” appears while loading data when the amount of data is more than 1,500 items.
• In the auto save mode, when clicking on the Recalculate button for the first time, the Gantt view shows the wrong % Complete in the Gantt view.
• In Save and Refresh mode, the new data resulting after users click on the Recalculate button will not be retained when users switch views.
• If the task summaries are collapsed and the user clicks on Show Items, Task Master does not show subtasks.
• When a task expands to several days, which includes times outside of the working hours, the task duration will not be drawn with the same length as another task with the same duration but not include times outside of the working hours.
• If the Task List has about 1,000+ items, users will see a timeout when they click Recalculate in PM Central R2.1 (SA12). Users need to upgrade to the latest Visual Indicator Column (HW41D). The patch is scheduled for the June/July 2011 timeframe.
• The date of the parent items in the grid are shown as bold font when changing the date of a child item then clicking on the Recalculate button and the Save button. It will not be refreshed until the Web Part is refreshed in a new instance of the browser.
HW03 Tree View Web Part Release 1.7.42 (SharePoint 2010):
• Error when open Excel file if server does not have Excel Service
Current Known Issues:
• Create a new folder, the folder is not added into tree view on left pane.
• Discuss board – Do not show data after new discussion created.
• Scrollbar is very short when Config in tool part is list Team Discussion.
• SharePoint Site and BDC:”Fail to render “wiki content” column because of an error in …” Message error.
• New folder don’t display on tree view when I created a folder from branch of tree view
HW34 SharePoint Team Calendar Release 1.6.15 (SharePoint 2007) and Release 1.6.17 (SharePoint 2010) have the same Release Notes:
• Open recurrence meeting as an appointment.
• Improper handling of DST.
• Unable to send invites to users outside Exchange Organization.
• Fail to show secondary account items if primary account does not have access to one of the calendars
• No support for external list.
HW07 User Account Setup Web Part Release 3.4.12 (SharePoint 2007) and Release 3.4.35 (SharePoint 2010) have the same Release Notes:
• Windows authentication is not configured or turned on for the current site; the web part still thinks it is using windows authentication and not FBA.
HW23 Password Expiration Web Part Release 1.5.16 (SharePoint 2007) and Release 1.5.23 (SharePoint 2010) have the same Release Notes:
• Getting System.FormatException when logging into sites using accounts in group Owners.
SA05 SharePoint Knowledge Base Solutions Accelerator Release 2.0.75 (SharePoint 2007) and Release 2.0.59 (SharePoint 2010) have the same Release Notes:
• “Ask a Question” web part submit button no longer works after adding KB Tree view.
• Show access denied when access account is not in the site collection.
• The pop up show the web page cannot be found when click View Replies in Answer & Question.
• (SharePoint 2007 version only) – Description text of KB Client Configuration list column is incorrect.