At bamboo, Tree View Web Part Release 2.0 for SharePoint 2013 was released to the storefront this week along with patch release of Cross List Web Part for SharePoint 2010. Check out the new releases and see more details on all of the changes can be found below with new features, bug fixes, limitations and known issues.
• Drag and drop support for files and folders.
• Checkbox selection to allow dragging and dropping multiple files or folders.
• Upload files directly from the desktop by dragging and dropping to the web part interface.
• Ability to show or hide the Web Part Toolbar.
• Ability to resize column width by dragging column header borders.
• Ability to connect to any List or Library using an absolute or relative site URL within the same Web Application.
• Look and Feel Settings:
o Web Part inherits the SharePoint site theme automatically.
o Ability to choose from a selection of predefined skins to style the Web Part.
o Ability to apply custom styles using CSS.
Resolved Customer-Reported Bugs and Known Issues:
• Left pane displays a expand tree icon next to a folder containing no sub-folders when connected to a SharePoint Document and Picture Library.
• The Web Part does not display the root folder content by default.
• The content does not automatically refresh when switching between views from the toolbar.
• Selecting a folder in the right view pane redirects the user to the SharePoint list or library page.
• Web part displays an error when a list contains a Managed Metadata column.
• Creating a new folder from the toolbar does not display that folder in the left tree pane.
• The tree does not expand if a group name contains a special character.
• Uploading a file greater than 1.4GB in size is not supported using drag and drop from desktop.
• Left pane displays a expand tree icon next to a folders containing no sub folders (fixed for SharePoint Documents and Picture Libraries).
• Changing the automatically expand level setting to “None” may still occasionally expand the left tree pane levels.
• Scrolling across the last column’s header border causes a horizontal scroll bar to appear.
• The Web Part does not display an error when attempting to upload folders using drag and drop from desktop.
• Information and limitations about dragging files into document libraries in SharePoint 2013: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2796734
• Selected files or folders row may not remain highlighted during the process of dragging and dropping.
• No hover over color is displayed in the right view pane if the web part is configured to display Skins from the Look and Feel setting.
• Sorting data and exporting to Excel may result in the export of a previous data set.
• Sorting only affects the current page of data instead of the entire data set.
No New Known Issues or New Limitations.