If you’ve already checked out the latest version of Project Management Central for SharePoint 2010 (released a couple of weeks ago), now it’s the latest version for SharePoint 2007’s turn. A minor release of Project Management Central R3.0 for SharePoint 2007 was launched to our storefront this week with a new feature leveraging Workflow Conductor, and with many resolved bugs. For more details about the new release, please see the release announcement blog post our Product Manager. For a complete list of details regarding this week’s releases, please see below.
• Adds an approval process for new project site requests, including the ability to automate approval using Bamboo Workflow Conductor.
• Provides additional detail in Resource Work Project Department and Resource Work Manager reports.
• Includes an option to manually upgrade Web Part Pages if an upgrade fails when started from the Project Central Upgrade Monitoring Page.
• Improves performance for the User Profiles Import feature.
• Includes updated versions of the following components:
o HW05 Alert Plus R3.2.65
o HW11A List Search Simple Web Part R2.1.66
o HW11B List Search Advanced Web Part R1.8.85
o HW20 Calendar Plus Web Part R4.1.81
o HW24 List Rollup Web Part R5.0.149
o HW27 Chart Plus Web Part R3.0.50
o HW37 Data-Viewer Web Part R3.3.52
o HW41J KPI Column R1.3.58
o HW45 Task Master R3.0.27
• The following error is displayed on the Resource Assignments tab if more than one Web application is configured on the same port using host headers, and the Web applications use different application pool accounts: “Toolbar_GetHtmlMenuView:: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Bamboo.WebControls.GanttToolbar.c()”
• Project Duration calculations in the project site do not reflect workday, working hours, and holiday settings configured for the Tasks list.
• If a new department site is created with a filter that matches 70 or more existing project sites, the department site does not display the project site information for all projects.
• Viewing the User Profiles Import page times out if the SharePoint server has a large number of user profiles.
• If Task Master is configured to use a holiday Calendar list that includes events with a custom recurrence pattern, the Web Part cannot be rendered. All events in the list must use a standard recurrence pattern.
• On German language sites, the Task Summary chart on the Project Central portfolio page is not displayed as a pie chart.
• Unable to install the Microsoft Project Add-in included with PM Central R3.0 on some Windows 7 desktops that have Office 2007 and the 32-bit version of Microsoft Project 2010.
• After a user clicks the Update Now button in the portfolio site’s Update Data settings page, the “Last run time” field is updated to “N/A” because the user does not have access to this value in the SharePoint database. (This field was removed to avoid confusion.)
Fixed Known Issues:
• Project Schedule and Scheduled Tasks baselines cannot be created if the project or tasks span three years or more.
• Anonymous users cannot see the Tasks or Issues lists in the project site.
• The User Profile Import Utility cannot search the following User Profile columns: Title, Office, About me, Personal site, Web site, Public site redirect, Skills, Dotted-line Manager, Responsibilities, Past projects, Interests, Schools, SIP Address, My Site Upgrade, Proxy addresses, Hire date , Assistant, Fax. These columns can be displayed in search results.
• The User Profile Import Utility can only map User Profile properties with a privacy setting of “Everyone”.
• If the option “Get Data from Timer Job” is selected in the Reporting Web Part settings, the following message may be displayed even after the timer job runs successfully: “Your request has been submitted. Please check back in a few minutes.”
• If you export a report from the Reporting tab to Microsoft Excel and then export a second report without closing the first Excel workbook, the second workbook may display the wrong chart.
• The “Connect to Microsoft Project” option does not work on Windows Vista.
• If data displayed using the Data-Viewer Web Part is grouped and a group of data spans multiple pages, all data for the same group may not be displayed continuously on the next page. For example, page 2 may start with a different data group instead of continuing the list of items from page 1.
• When browsing a PM Central site in HTTPS, chart images exported from the Reporting Web Part to Microsoft Excel are displayed as a red “X” in the Excel workbook.
• When exporting milestones or tasks that are 0% complete with an empty “Due Date” field from a PM Central Tasks list to Microsoft Project using the “Connect to Microsoft Project” feature, the “% Complete” value will be incorrectly updated to 99% and the tasks will be converted to milestones in Microsoft Project.
• After exporting a PM Central Tasks list using the “Connect to Microsoft Project” feature, new tasks created in Microsoft Project with a blank Start Date and Due Date will be incorrectly updated when the task is synchronized to PM Central with the “Synchronize” feature. The Start Date will be set to the Project Start Date from Microsoft Project, and the Due Date will be the next day.
• When Microsoft Project synchronizes task updates to a connected PM Central Tasks lists, the “Assigned To” field value is not copied if it was updated in Microsoft Project to a resource name that does not exist in Active Directory.
• If a Calculated column type is displayed in SharePoint Task Master, the calculated value is not updated when the user clicks Recalculate. To view the updated values for Calculated columns, refresh the browser using Control + F5.
• Users cannot delete resources from the Enterprise Resource Pool in the department site if the department site is the site collection. Users must go to the portfolio site to delete resources if needed.
• Adding a new resource in a task item will remove any new information you entered or updated in other task fields before adding the resource.
• “Update Data” does not load the “Load run time” value.
• When users create a new Web Part page in the portfolio site and try to make this page the default page updating the URL in /_Layouts/AreaWelcomePage.aspx, they will receive the following error: “The site is not valid. The ‘Pages’ document library is missing.” This is a SharePoint limitation.
• The Bamboo Microsoft Project Add-in cannot map and import resources mapping the Resource (custom field) to Microsoft Project ResourceNames.
• In the “Tasks” tab of the project site under Tracking View, the headers for “Cost”, “Actual Cost” and “% Complete” are not aligned to the left like in other fields.
Current Known Issues:
• When the Resource Tasks Timeline Gantt chart is exported to Excel, the exported Gantt bar spans the wrong time period if there are two tasks in the same month.
• When you zoom in on data in the Timeline Gantt, milestones on the Project Start Date and Project End Date do not line up with the start and end points of the project Gantt bar.
• When upgrading PM Central, you must restart the Windows SharePoint Services Timer service before upgrading PM Central sites in Central Administration.
• When PM Central tasks are exported to Microsoft Project using the “Connect to Microsoft Project” or “Export to MS Project” features, the default Microsoft Project calendar is used instead of the working hours configured in Task Master.
• After exporting PM Central tasks to Microsoft Project using the “Connect to Microsoft Project” feature, changing an existing “Assigned To” value to a new resource, and synchronizing updates back to the PM Central Tasks list, the Tasks list displays two different resources in the “Assigned To” and “Resource” fields.
• When importing tasks from Microsoft Project to a PM Central Tasks list with the option “Don’t create duplicate items if existing”, only new tasks are imported. Exist tasks in PM Central will not be updated with any changed values from Microsoft Project.
• Before exporting tasks using the Connect to Microsoft Project feature in PM Central, you must set the Internet Explorer Security option “Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting” to “Prompt”.
• When Microsoft Project synchronizes task updates to a connected PM Central Tasks list, “Constraint Date” values of “NA” in Microsoft Project–which indicates a constraint type of “As Soon as Possible”–may be set to today’s date when synchronized to the PM Central Tasks list. This should not impact the project schedule.
• The User Profile Import Utility in the Resources tab cannot import users from SQL or Active Directory membership providers.
• The “Quick Launch” feature is not visible when upgrading sites that were created in PM Central R1.8. Sites upgraded from R2.0 or higher correctly display the Quick Launch menu.
• If a project site has unique permissions and its users do not have access to the portfolio site, data from the Enterprise Resource Pool in the portfolio site is still visible in the project site Contacts list.
• In the Gantt View of Active Projects on the portfolio site Schedules tab, special characters in the Project Manager field are expanded to their corresponding numeric value. For example, “D’Angelo” will be displayed as “D'Angelo”.
• Anonymous users are prompted for a user name and password to access some PM Central pages.
• Site Path values are not exported when exporting data using the Master Grid Excel Export feature.
• No bug fixes.
• Updates to support Project Management Central R3.0.58
No New Known Issues or Limitations.
• When Chart Plus tries to render a chart using a source list that contains 4000 items or more, the Web Part may time out with the following error: “Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerTimeoutException: The server request timed out.”
No new Known Issues and Limitations.