This Week in Bamboo we rolled out a minor enhancement of Bamboo Solutions’ SharePoint File Share Library (Release 1.1). With the new features in the 1.1 release, user can now upload file larger than the SharePoint maximum file upload size. And much more, see our Product Manager’s blog for more details and give it a try on our storefront for the 30- day free trial download. Addition patch was also released, List Bulk Export, to the storefront with some fixes. At the same time, we released SharePoint 2010 of our Chart Plus Revolution Pack (R2.2) which contains List Rollup Web Part and Chart Plus Web Part. Therefore, it contains the latest updates of SharePoint 2010 version. Please see below for the changes.
- Files uploaded through File Share Library are uploaded directly to the External File Share and display link in File Share Library for streaming.
- Activating a Web Application Feature allows users to upload files larger than the SharePoint limit to the External File Share allowing users to stream large files without expanding storage capacity in SQL Databases.
- Setting in File Share Library to display or hide Mark File For Import option in file's Edit Menu.
- Cannot open files in custom Master page.
- Flag to prevent users from moving files into library – but allow them to edit.
- “Delete the file from the external file system" option in the setting is not working.
- Missing image from the icons.
- See existing limitations in 1.0.74
- Tree View Web Part does not support File Share Libraries.
- List Templates are not supported. When you create a new File Share Library from a template, File Share Settings are blank.
- New Document will create an entry in the File Share Library, but it is not sync'd back to the External File Share.
- Send To -> E-mail a Link in the document edit menu will send a link to of the document but if the document is not imported into SharePoint, the file will fail to open.
- Missing folders and files during export.
- Initial release on SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint 2010 Initial Release Limitations:
- This build is for an environment on SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010 that does not already have Bamboo products for SharePoint 2007 installed. Currently we do not support an environment where SharePoint 2007 is in-place upgraded to SharePoint 2010.