At Bamboo this week, we released the patches for the following two products: Password Change Web Part and User Account Setup Web Part. Please see the list below for more information about new features, bug fixes, known issues and limitations.
• Add support for Password Settings Object (PSO): Windows 2008 Active Directory Server introduced a new feature called Password Settings Object (PSO). To support this feature, a new setting has been added to the Password Change Web Part Settings screen called “Password Setting Object (PSO) Policy Credentials”. If you are using PSO, enter an account who is a domain administrator. If you are not using PSO, leave this setting blank.
• The error “No such host is known” is displayed in the Bamboo Logs however the product continues to function.
• If a user or group object has multiple Password Setting Objects (SPSOs) applied a random PSO is selected as Precedence is not honored.
• When mapping attributes from User Account Setup Web Part to Extended Attributes in Active Directory, the Date and Choice field type validator fails to update the Active Directory Extended Attributes correctly.
• If approval mode is enabled and a new account’s e-mail address domain does not match the SharePoint server domain, the e-mail address is written incorrectly to the Approval Pending List.
New Known Issues:
• Creating accounts in the Local NT Directory will fail if UAC is enabled on the target server.