At Bamboo, a major release of Discussion Board Plus Release 2.0 for SharePoint 2010 was released to the storefront this week with many new features along with patch update of Bamboo Validator Column. Please check out our Product Manager Announcement blog for more info about Discussion Board Plus 2.0 and see below for a complete list of great new features, bug fixes, limitations and known issues about the new releases.
SA75 Discussion Board Plus for SharePoint 2010 Release 2.0.59
• Updated licensing to remove the limitation on the number of forums allowed per site collection.
• Option to mark single or multiple posts as verified answers.
• Ability to move a topic to another Discussion Board Plus list, with an email alert sent to the topic’s author and replies when moved.
• Ability to create private topics, private replies, and share topics with other users.
• Option to like/unlike a topic or reply with a display of the number and names of users that have liked a post.
• Ability to place tags on a topic to be used for filtering and search purposes.
• Pagination function that allows navigation via page number buttons. Number of topics or posts per page is defined in the list settings.
• Ability to navigate to the next topic or previous topic once a topic has been selected.
• Option to reply with or without attaching the original quoted content.
• Option to display the message container on the right or bottom of the user information icon in the Flat and Thread views.
• Ability to sort or filter dynamically from the Forum View interface.
Include the updated versions of following products:
• Internal bug fixes.
• When using Discussion Board Plus on a site that was created using a template, the Word Tags in the search string are lost. Work around: Go to Forum settings then click the ‘Ok’ button.
• The “Add new private discussion” option is not displayed in the New Item menu in the Ribbon.
• When editing/creating a new discussion, the filtering data for the Tags field are not displayed in the list box.
• Simple Search Web Part does not show the attachment icon in the search results.
• The Lock Topic and Mark as Sticky options are not available in the ribbon if a Discussion Board Plus list is added to a Web Part Page. The options are available in the Edit Control Block (ECB) menu.
• The view count for a topic is displayed incorrectly if Content Approval is enabled for the Discussion Board Plus list.
• Moving topic is only supported within one site collection and must not be a private topic, marked as sticky, locked, or contain private replies.
New Known Issues:
• The columns named “Like” and “Share Topic” are not supported in Simple Search Web Part.
• When viewing a discussion thread that resulted from the List Search Simple Web Part’s search results and clicking on the Quote Message, the Close icon for the window is hidden.
• The Range Comparison check box in the column settings page is not enabled when selecting “Data and Time” type when creating a Bamboo Validator column.
No New Known Issues or New Limitations.