At Bamboo, a major release of Discussion Board Plus Release 2.0 for SharePoint 2010 was released to the storefront this week with many new features along with a patch update of Bamboo Validator Column. Please check out our Product Manager Announcement blog for more info about Discussion Board Plus 2.0 and see below for a complete list of great new features, bug fixes, limitations, and known issues about the new releases.
SA75 Discussion Board Plus for SharePoint 2010 Release 2.0.59
- Updated licensing to remove the limitation on the number of forums allowed per site collection.
- Option to mark single or multiple posts as verified answers.
- Ability to move a topic to another Discussion Board Plus list, with an email alert sent to the topic’s author and replies when moved.
- Ability to create private topics, private replies, and share topics with other users.
- Option to like/unlike a topic or reply with a display of the number and names of users that have liked a post.
- Ability to place tags on a topic to be used for filtering and search purposes.
- Pagination function that allows navigation via page number buttons. The number of topics or posts per page is defined in the list settings.
- Ability to navigate to the next topic or previous topic once a topic has been selected.
- Option to reply with or without attaching the original quoted content.
- Option to display the message container on the right or bottom of the user information icon in the Flat and Thread views.
- Ability to sort or filter dynamically from the Forum View interface.
Include the updated versions of the following products:
- Internal bug fixes.
- When using Discussion Board Plus on a site that was created using a template, the Word Tags in the search string are lost. Workaround: Go to Forum settings then click the ‘Ok’ button.
- The “Add new private discussion” option is not displayed in the New Item menu in the Ribbon.
- When editing/creating a new discussion, the filtering data for the Tags field are not displayed in the list box.
- Simple Search Web Part does not show the attachment icon in the search results.
- The Lock Topic and Mark as Sticky options are not available in the ribbon if a Discussion Board Plus list is added to a Web Part Page. The options are available in the Edit Control Block (ECB) menu.
- The view count for a topic is displayed incorrectly if Content Approval is enabled for the Discussion Board Plus list.
- Moving topic is only supported within one site collection and must not be a private topic, marked as sticky, locked, or contain private replies.
New Known Issues:
- The columns named “Like” and “Share Topic” are not supported in Simple Search Web Part.
- When viewing a discussion thread that resulted from the List Search Simple Web Part’s search results and clicking on the Quote Message, the Close icon for the window is hidden.
- Users must clear their browser cache using Control + F5 after upgrading from version 1.0 or 1.1 to 1.5 or 1.5 to 2.0 to resolve an error that displays.
- The Range Comparison check box in the column settings page is not enabled when selecting “Data and Time” type when creating a Bamboo Validator column.
No New Known Issues or New Limitations.