Anybody else out there ever run into this? I have no idea how prevalent the issue is, or if it was just a fluke in my case but, shortly after getting a new laptop, I discovered that I was no longer able to edit lists in Datasheet mode on Bamboo's SharePoint 2010 portal. When I clicked the Edit in Datasheet button on the Ribbon, this was the response I got:
Given the range of not one, not two, but three possible sources of the problem (and given that I'd just gotten the new laptop), I asked Brett, Bamboo's Administrator extraordinaire, if he could help narrow down the source of the problem for me. In no time flat, he responded, suggesting that I try installing the 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components and, after a super-easy download/install process, I was once again happily editing in Datasheet mode.
So if you've come to this post because you're seeing that same message, the same solution may very well work for you too. Good luck!