Better late than never, sports fans – your humble scribe survived every conspiracy the airline industry could invent to keep him away from this year’s SPC, but here I am in the world’s largest day care center bouncing my way through cartoon characters, Snow White costumes, and the rest of the fantasy-land ensemble.
(I just realized I can use this same intro if SPC ever makes its way to D.C.)
But seriously (don’t let the mouse ears fool you), Sunday night’s mini-gala in the Exhibit Hall was a rousing success for all involved. At times, the aisles were clogged with attendees, several booths enjoyed mobs 4-5 deep, and it was all I could do to navigate through with a cocktail in one hand and three fish tacos in the other. Of course, one of the aisles was perpetually blocked a large panda insisting to take pictures with every lady that approached. Since he wouldn’t let me borrow the outfit, I’m going to have to lodge a formal complaint. In the days to follow, I promise to report back on some actual tech happenings, but I must confess that I was overcome events on the first night. Having spent time in the Bamboo booth though, I can promise some very interesting announcements today along with the demonstrations to back them up. As many of you now know, we’ve formalized our solution strategy around four pillars: Community Management, Knowledge Management, Process Management, and Project Management. As always, Bamboo will continue to support every SharePoint need – from our popular (and free) World Clock and Weather Web Part to sophisticated cross-site list management – but we’re also taking it up a notch for customers who want to deploy critical applications quickly. And when we say deploy we mean without programming. And we mean deployment in days and weeks, not months and years. From Disneyland to Vegas, the SPC takes us to fantasy worlds designed to remind us we are creatures that thrive on instant gratification. Why should it be any different with your SharePoint-based business applications? So there you have it. The first night’s festivities have shaken loose a new Bamboo theme from my battered brain:
“Bamboo Solutions: Instant Gratification for SharePoint.”
Spread the word, print the t-shirts, and use the phrase liberally before the Marketing Police shut me down. Peace out, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts. Hope to see some of your shining faces at Bamboo’s bash tonight!
Read our complete coverage of Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2011.
- Greetings from Anaheim & SharePoint Conference 2011!
- SPC 2011, Bamboo, and the Promise of Instant SharePoint Gratification
- Jared Spataro Hosts the SPC 2011 Keynote on ‘Productivity Delivered’ … and Announces SPC 2012
- SPC11 Keynote: Jeff Teper on the 3 Guiding Principles Shaping SharePoint
- SPC11 Keynote: Kurt DelBene on the Future of Productivity & the Value of the Cloud
- Bamboo Customer Appreciation Party: We’ve Come a Long Way
- ‘Clearing Away the Clouds: What’s Hype and What’s Real in Cloud Adoption,’ Presented Gartner’s Jeffrey Mann
- Paul Javid & Dave Pae on ‘SharePoint 2010: Improving Productivity with Social’
- When Should You Consider an Add-On or Third Party Solution for SharePoint?
- ‘More Than My: How Microsoft is Driving Social Adoption and Intranet Transformation’ with Internal Enhancements to OOTB SharePoint Social Features
- Rob Koplowitz Presents ‘The Forrester Survey: Best Practices in SharePoint 2010 Adoption and Migration’
- Day 2 Report from the Bamboo Booth
- Community Central for SharePoint 2010 Receives Overwhelmingly Positive Response
- SharePoint 2010 Solutions for the Public Sector
- ‘Avanade: Unleashing Competitive Advantage through the use of Social Media and Collective Organizational Intelligence’ in SharePoint
- ‘We’re Going Two-way, Ba!’ How Vancity Took its Intranet from Static to Social with SharePoint 2010
- A View from the Bamboo ‘Complaint Department’
- Out of the Sandbox and into the Cloud
The cloud parts are functional components that extend your SharePoint Online environment in Microsoft 365.
Supports Classic and Modern sites for SharePoint Online/Microsoft 365
Small Business Pricing and Discounts
These web parts extend SharePoint beyond its out-of-the-box capabilities by tailoring it to your requirements with Bamboo Solution’s growing portfolio of SharePoint Web Parts.
SharePoint 2016, 2019, 2022 – Classic Pages Only
Our team of Microsoft 365 Technology Consultants helps you get the most out of your Microsoft technology, we have the best Microsoft 365 talent to streamline your organization.
Consulting to Streamline Your Department