Update (06.24.2011): SharePoint Task Master 2.5 is now also available for both SharePoint 2007 and SharePoint 2010.
SharePoint Task Master, which allows project managers and teams to easily manage project schedules and the relationship between tasks (parent-child, predecessor-successor, and constraints) in SharePoint makes for an easy purchasing decision for many organizations. Providing this functionality within SharePoint without having to install Microsoft Project makes the decision even easier still, as does the fact that we’re continuing to add new features and enhancements to Task Master to make it both more powerful and easier to use.
SharePoint Task Master 2.5 for SharePoint 2010 has just been released with the following new features (Note: The new version will soon be available for SharePoint 2007 as well):
- New control – Task Master uses a new control for improved performance.
- Inline editing – Save time through the ability to edit directly within the Web Part interface.
- View many task items in one single view with performance improvement – View a schedule with a large list of items in a single view without impacting performance.
- Adjust columns on demand – Adjust the width of columns within the Web Part interface.
- Set the date where you want the Gantt view to start – Through the Web Part tool pane setting, set the Gant view to start on Today or a specified date.
- Filter based on specific date – Filter data to display based on a specific date on all selected views in the tool pane.
A future release will allow you to exclude weekends and holidays, so stay tuned for further enhancements!
Curious if Task Master would be a useful tool for you? You can download a free 30-day trial. As always, we welcome your feedback.