As soon as I heard Michael Jackson’s Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’, I knew I was in the right session. Jeff Willinger, Director of Everything Cool 2.0 at Rightpoint, is definitely not running low on fuel. This energetic social media know-it-all offered practical “why-didn’t-I-think-of-that” techniques when it comes to SharePoint and Yammer adoption.
And with that, here are Jeff’s top 10 proven tactics:
- Create a social idea generation initiative.
- Sales process integration quick wins: Identify a revenue-generating process and align social media around it.
- Conduct collaboration adoption workshop(s): Align stakeholders for social collaboration within the enterprise.
- Play to the end-users ego via ‘gamification’: Gamification techniques drive the natural desires for competition, achievement, status, self-expression, altruism, and closure.
- Execute a multi-channel communication plan.
- No email day: Promote the use of internal communication for a day.
- Integrate social into the intranet: Push social feeds directly to end-users on their personalized home page.
- Make social mobile: Users spend more time accessing social media from their mobile devices compared to computers.
- Create an executive champion group.
- Implement change management best practices.