Using SharePoint for ECM, the new AIIM report released yesterday, focuses on a number of different sectors of interest including: SharePoint Adoption and Scale, Deployment, SharePoint 2010 Experiences, Business Process and Third-Party Integration, Forward Strategies, and Governance.
A sampling of the survey results in the SharePoint Adoption and Scale sector include:
28% are in the process of upgrading from 2007 to 2010; 8% have completed their upgrade to 2010.
- 15% are rolling out 2010 as their first SharePoint deployment; 6% are live on 2010 as their first use of SharePoint.
- Half of the total user base plan to be live on 2010 by October 2011, with a further 26% by April 2012.
- Only 36% of organizations consider they have SharePoint in use for content management across most of the organization, of which 11% are using SharePoint as their only ECM system. Not surprisingly, smaller companies are twice as likely to have SharePoint as their only ECM system.
- The IT department is the most advanced adopter and user of SharePoint, followed by line-of-business departments, which is attributed to the popularity of collaboration amongst project teams.
- When asked to estimate how rapidly their stored content is increasing year-on-year, 28% consider it is 50% or more, i.e., doubling every two years, including 16% who are doubling or trebling every year.
Do any of these results strike you as surprising? Though the survey notes that "most consider it to be 20 to 30%," I'm moderately surprised by the year-on-year estimates of stored content increases referenced above. Those results lead me to believe that the market for compression software that can be applied to files stored in SharePoint is going to experience a boom in the not-too-distant future.
Tomorrow, we'll take a look at a sampling of the survey findings related to Deployment.
Download your free copy of AIIM's free ECM industry report at: http://www.aiim.org/Research/Industry-Watch/SharePoint-2011.
Our look at the findings in the AIIM report:
- AIIM Releases 'Using SharePoint for ECM' Survey Results
- SharePoint Adoption & Scale Findings in the 'Using SharePoint for ECM' AIIM Report
- SharePoint Deployment Findings in the 'Using SharePoint for ECM' AIIM Report
- Findings Related to SharePoint 2010 Experiences in the 'Using SharePoint for ECM' AIIM Report
- Business Process and Third-party Integration Findings in the 'Using SharePoint for ECM' AIIM Report
- Forward Strategies Findings in the 'Using SharePoint for ECM' AIIM Report
The cloud parts are functional components that extend your SharePoint Online environment in Microsoft 365.
Supports Classic and Modern sites for SharePoint Online/Microsoft 365
Small Business Pricing and Discounts
These web parts extend SharePoint beyond its out-of-the-box capabilities by tailoring it to your requirements with Bamboo Solution’s growing portfolio of SharePoint Web Parts.
SharePoint 2016, 2019, 2022 – Classic Pages Only
Our team of Microsoft 365 Technology Consultants helps you get the most out of your Microsoft technology, we have the best Microsoft 365 talent to streamline your organization.
Consulting to Streamline Your Department