I hope you are as excited as we are here at Bamboo Solutions over the just-released Office 2010 series from Microsoft, including the much anticipated release of SharePoint Foundation (formerly WSS) 2010 and SharePoint Server 2010! In SharePoint 2010 there are great new features everywhere you look: a new contextual Ribbon, pop-up forms, and fully-integrated social networking capabilities just scratch the surface of what SharePoint 2010 has to offer. But there is one new requirement that might be throwing people off, which is the new 64-bit SharePoint farm requirement. So what do you do with all of your existing data if you are unable to upgrade in-place?
Well, that's where Bamboo's List Bulk Import application comes in! Amidst the excitement surrounding the launch of Office and SharePoint 2010, with List Bulk Import, Bamboo Solutions is also excited to announce the release our first SharePoint 2010-compatible product!
Here are just a few of the great features provided in List Bulk Import:
- Ability to import into all List and Library types in both WSS v3.0/MOSS 2007 and SharePoint Foundation 2010/SharePoint Server 2010*
- Selection from a list of multiple sources, including:
- Excel (XLS and XLSX)
- ODBC (SQL Server)
- Existing SharePoint Lists or Libraries from WSS v3.0/MOSS 2007 or SharePoint Foundation2010/SharePoint Server 2010*
- Standardize the data being imported to the target List or Library by mapping unique values in the defined source to distinct choice or lookup values in the target SharePoint List or Library.
- Check for duplicates on import and decide if duplicates should be updated or skipped.
- Save time by saving the import settings for future imports.
- Lastly, if you are planning to run the import on a routine basis, set up the import to run in stealth mode using WIndows Tasks. No further user intervention required!
* With the exception of Virtual Lists in SharePoint 2010.
As with all of our products, List Bulk Import comes with a free 30-day trial, so give it a test run today!