It’s my pleasure to announce today the release of Project Management Central (AKA PM Central) R3.5 for SharePoint 2010. In this release, you will find the new and improved Bamboo Microsoft Project Add-In which boasts added features to simplify the integration between PM Central and Microsoft Project. You can find details regarding the new features, as well as several use cases in this blog post.
Here are the high level primary features in this release:
Improved Microsoft Project 2010 Integration (see this post for more details):
- New export options for the Bamboo Microsoft Project Add-in to allow tasks to be appended to or merged with an existing Microsoft Project file.
- Improved performance when importing tasks from Microsoft Project to SharePoint using the Bamboo Microsoft Project Add-in.
- Ability to detect working hours conflicts between a PM Central Tasks list being exported and the destination Microsoft Project file.
Processes (See this blog for more info):
- Updated workflow for the project site approval process that automates site creation. Requires Workflow Conductor R2.5, sold separately.
- Additional reports to compare actual work and cost data from TTM timesheets with project estimates.
- Ability for project managers to view actual work and cost totals from TTM timesheets in the project Tasks list for easy comparison with task estimates.
- Includes actual cost and work totals from TTM in the Project Cost Web Part and Project Health list.
- Additional configuration options for Enterprise Resource Pool entries to support new features in TTM, such as secondary timesheet manager and overtime settings.
Improved Site Performances:
- In the portfolio site, performance is improved for My Summary, Resources (Resource Allocation and Capacity Planning), Risks, and some reports (Resource Availability and Resource Work Allocation Per Month).
- In the project site, performance is improved for some tabs under Tasks (Overdue Tasks, My Tasks and Baseline View), Resources (Resource Allocation and Capacity Planning), and Overview (Risks chart).
You can find the full release notes here. Please contact our Sales team to arrange for a free 30-day trial download, or try PM Central R3.5 today in our sandbox environment. You can also sign up to attend a free webinar for a guided tour of PM Central.
* Time Tracking and Management is also available as a standalone product.
Read the complete series surrounding the dual releases of PM Central 3.5 and Time Tracking and Management 1.5:
- Project Management Central R3.5 for SharePoint 2010 is Now Available!
- Time Tracking and Management R1.5 for SharePoint 2010 is Now Available!
- Automatically Creating a Project Site with PM Central R3.5 … It’s Like Having Your Own “Easy Button”!
- User’s Guide to Bamboo’s Microsoft Project Add-in for Project Management Central R3.5 for SharePoint 2010