SharePoint 2013 is the new way to work together. A simplified user experience helps you organize, sync, and share all your content. Users around the world are eager to use these new features, lists, sites, and user interface in SharePoint 2013, and Bamboo is pleased to introduce you to some new Web Parts for SharePoint 2013 which we’ll be releasing in the near future.
In this article, we will take a look at the Group Redirect Web Part in SharePoint 2013.
Group Redirect Web Part provides a simple and quick way to redirect users in selected cross-site SharePoint or Active Directory groups (or combinations of groups) away from the selected page. It enables the administrator to insert the Web Part on any page in the portal and redirect cross-site group users to a specified alternate page when they attempt to access the selected page. In addition, a unique redirect destination can be defined for each group or combination of groups.
Supported on Microsoft Windows SharePoint Foundation 2013 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2013, here are just some of the things you’ll be able to do with Group Redirect Web Part for SharePoint 2013:
- Restrict selected cross-site group members’ access to a specific site
- Identify users based on SharePoint or Active Directory group membership
- Redirect cross-site group members to an alternate page
- Redirect combinations of groups based on and/or logic
- Redirect multiple cross-site groups
Additional SharePoint 2013 Previews from Bamboo include:
- A Preview of Group Redirect Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Chart Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Site Creation Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- A Preview of List Print for SharePoint 2013