In this article, I’ll show you how to delete unique permissions in SharePoint lists with the following requirements:
- Allow users to input Site URL and List Name as needed
- Show the list of List Names on site
- Ask users to select the numerical order of the list
- Check to see if the list exists with Unique permissions or not
- Reset broken list inheritance
- Reset Items level inheritance
How does it work?
Download DeleteUniquePermission.ps1 file to your server.
Make sure that your site contains a list that has stopped permission inheritance for both List level and Items level.
Permissions for this list
Permissions for Item
Run PowerShell script and input the parameters as pictured below:
Go back to your list and ensure the list has deleted unique permissions as requested above.