As the newest member of Bamboo’s marketing team, SharePoint Leadership Forum provided an opportunity for me to debut one of the skills that brought me here in the first place: photography. I’ve been a student of the subject since high school but, up until this point, no one at Bamboo had really seen me prove my ability. While my day-to-day duties revolve more around design than photography, it’s image capture that I enjoy most. I went to House of Sweden twice before our event, so I had a good idea of what I needed to bring and how I wanted to shoot on the day of SPLF.
The morning light was perfect, allowing me to get shots with some detail inside as well as out on the river with the Rosslyn skyline on the opposite shore. I’m not always up at sunrise, but when I am, there’s a camera in my hands.
As people began to arrive for the event, I was able to get some good candid shots. Above, a fellow Bamboo staffer, Hanif, chats with some attendees. (Notice the fall color in the background!)
The speaker hall was, unfortunately, the exact opposite of the nice, bright reception area. There were plently of challenges when it came time to photograph the actual substantive content of the day. Luckily for me, I was able to work with the videographers to set up some lights that were mutually beneficial.
From there, it was a matter of waiting until the speakers were standing in the right spot and getting shots of them with decent facial expressions. I haven’t gotten any complaints yet, so hopefully I was successful with that last part.
To see more pictures from the first-ever SharePoint Leadership Forum presented Bamboo Solutions, click here.
Complete coverage of SharePoint Leadership Forum 2012:
- Greetings from SharePoint Leadership Forum 2012 in Washington, D.C.!
- SPLF 2012: Anders Johnsson’s Opening Remarks
- SPLF: Rob Manfredi’s ‘Accelerating Application Development on SharePoint’
- SPLF 2012: Mark Miller’s ‘SharePoint & Social’
- SPLF 2012: Tim Cermak’s ‘Maximize Project 2010 with SharePoint 2010 for PM Success’
- SPLF 2012: Barry Jinks’ ‘The Implications of Integrating Mobile Devices’
- SPLF 2012: Sadie Van Buren’s ‘SharePoint Maturity Model’
- SPLF 2012 Keynote: Dan Holme’s ‘Bringing Home the Gold: SharePoint in Action at the London Olympics
- SPLF 2012: Ed Hild Introduces ‘the New Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013’
- SPLF 2012: Anders Johnsson’s Closing Remarks
- Photographing SharePoint Leadership Forum 2012