Editor’s note: There have been several new additions to the Bamboo team since our last “New Faces” series, so it’s time once again to introduce the new folks to Bamboo Nation. Next up is Martin Koen, Data Analyst…
1. When did you join the Bamboo Solutions team, and what is your role?
I joined Bamboo in January 2014 as a Sales and Marketing Data Analyst.
2. What are your personal goals regarding your position for the next year?
My goals are to produce relevant and reliable data that can help marketing and sales managers with the decision-making process.
3. What’s your professional background?
I have an M.A in criminology and am currently a Ph.D. candidate at GMU. I have about 4 years of research experience in the social sciences. I also teach part-time at GMU.
4. What prompted you to join the Bamboo team?
Finding out about Bamboo’s need for data analytics.
5. What were some of your first impressions of working at Bamboo?
I noticed the somewhat above-average organic organizational structure and the very inclusive organizational culture. Also, the food.
6. With over 70 products to learn, do you feel overwhelmed? What’s your strategy for getting up to speed?
As I learn SharePoint, I learn about where our products are relevant. One at a time.
7. Other than your deep and abiding love of extending SharePoint, what interests or hobbies do you enjoy outside of work?
I play the guitar, play disc golf, coach youth rug, and have taken up photography.