As social media continues to evolve, its influence on how companies
engage with colleagues and customers is ever changing. One trend on the rise is the incorporation of video into day-to-day business activities. According to YouTube, over six
billion hours of video are watched each month on the site. For organizations tuning into the importance of video, be it creating internal training videos or
showing potential customers how your products work, Bamboo’s Video Library
makes managing video content in SharePoint a simple task. Watch our overview below to learn more.
Available for SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, and SharePoint 2013, Video Library is compatible with popular browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome. The component allows users to easily create items uploading files or adding the URLs from sites, such as YouTube or Vimeo, to create a library. It then streams media from those respective sites. Additional features include:
- Multiple Media Storage Options: Store media files directly in Video Library, or use an existing network file share connecting Video Library to a Bamboo File Share Library.
- Support for Multiple Media Players: Choose from Microsoft Silverlight or Windows Media Player to play videos or audio from Video Library.
- Multiple Viewing Options: Automatically play videos and listen to audio using an item display form, pop-up window, or embedded player on a Web Part page.
- Automatically Extract Metadata: When a video or audio file is uploaded, details such as title, duration, format, number of audio channels, and resolution are automatically extracted, making it easier for users to locate exactly what they’re looking for.
- Automatically Generate Thumbnails: When uploading or linking to a video, Video Library will automatically generate the thumbnail image to associate with the SharePoint item. As an option, you can also display a custom thumbnail defining the thumbnail image URL in the item properties, which is great for audio files.
- Support for Multiple File Formats: Video Library includes support for multiple file formats for audio and video files.
- Multiple Item Display Views: Select from three different custom views to display your items: Standard, Details, and Thumbnails.
- Promote Popular Videos or Audio: Each time a user views a video or audio file, a special counter column is incremented. Use this column to filter, group, or sort your SharePoint Video Library items.
- Support for Multiple Languages: Translate the text in the Video Library user interface to your preferred language using the Bamboo Translation Framework.
Claim your 10% discount today entering discount code POTM2015* at checkout, or mention this deal to your Account Manager to start using Video Library’s full range of capabilities. In addition, when you invest in Bamboo products, you get instant access to user forums, product documentation online, and more.
*Coupon code POTM2015 must be entered at checkout. Promotion
is valid through 11:59PM EDT, January 31, 2015. Offer valid through Bamboo
Solutions, cannot be combined with any other coupons or promotions, and may
change, be modified, or cancelled at any time without notice. This promotion
cannot be applied to past orders. Discount applies to the purchase of license and
new support only. Support renewals do not qualify.