One of the new updates to SharePoint 2013’s UI is the introduction of Callout Menus. The Callout Menus provide relevant information on menu items in a simple, easy-to-read pop-up box. By default, the Callout Menus will be displayed in Task, Document, and Picture lists.
You may not always want or need a Callout for your menu items, however, so this article will show you how to hide Callout menu items so that you can work with items in a list without potentially distracting pop-ups. Specifically, we will show you how to hide the Callout Menu in a Task List.
To begin, display a Callout Menu selecting an item and then clicking Open menu on that item:
To hide a Callout Menu:
1. First, go to the list whose Callout Menu you wish to hide. In this example, I am using the ListDemoTask list.
2. Select the List tab from the Ribbon. Click on Modify View:
3. On the Edit View page, you will see a selection titled Style:
4. Click the plus symbol (+) to the left of Style:
5. When you click on Style, you will notice that the View Style is set as Default. You can select a different style option as desired. For this example, I have selected Newsletter, no lines as my style view. Once you have selected your option, click OK:
6. When you return to your Task List, it will now appear similar to the image below:
7. Next, mouseover an item and click the Open menu. Your previously hidden Callout Menu will now be displayed: