Do you have a list that contains columns that you do not want on the New Item form or the Edit form? In this article, we’ll teach you a quick and easy workaround to hide such columns.
1. To begin, go to List Settings > Advanced Settings:
2. Select Yes on Allow management of content types?:
3. Click on one of the existing content types under the Content-Type section:
4. Next, click on the column you intend to hide, and choose the option, Hidden. Click OK:
5. Go to the New Item tab and select the Edit form. You will see that, on both the New Item and Edit forms, the field that you want to hide is not shown, and you’re able to save the item without filling in a value for it: