The List Search Simple Web Part display is based on the field type, such as text box, date time, choice, or people picker. And if you aren’t sure which column to search, you can enter keywords to search all columns. If no items are displayed after running Start Full Crawl or Start Incremental Crawl in the Central Admin site, continuous crawls may help you. This post will give you a tip on how to enable continuous crawls in Central Admin for keywords.
1. Go to Search Service Application, select Crawling, then select Content Sources in Central Admin. Click Edit to Manage Content Sources as shown below.
2. In the Crawl Schedules section, select Enable Continuous Crawls, then click Edit schedule as shown below.
3. In Manage Schedules, set the Type and Setting for your frequency preference then click OK. (My schedule is daily for 5 minutes in this example.)
4. Verify that the Incremental Crawl is the same as the Manage Schedules then click OK.
5. Verify that the Status column reflects Crawling Continuous as shown below.
6. In the List Search Simple Web Part Settings, the Picture list is configured for Search Criteria Configuration and search results configurations. Click Save & Close.
7. Add a new picture named ‘natural’ to the Picture list. Go to Picture Settings, click Advanced Settings, then select Reindex Document Library and click Reindex Document Library.
8. Go back to the Web Part, enter to ‘natural’ on Search in all columns and click Search to view results.