Wondering why you (or your users) are getting that pesky “The webpage cannot be found” message when you click on About Me on your SharePoint 2013 site? Chances are, you haven’t yet configured your site for My Sites. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to configure My Sites in SharePoint 2013 (and get rid of error messages like the one pictured below).
Resolving this issue is as easy as following these steps:
1. Go to Central Administration > Create site collections:
Create a sub-site with the My Host Site template from the Enterprise tab as pictured below:
2. Go to Central Administration > Manage service applications > Manage Profile Service > User Profile Service Application and select Setup My Sites:
- In My Site Host location, type the URL address which was created in Step1:
- In Location, enter the following text: sites/mysite/Personal
3. Go to Web Applications Management and select the Web application to configure My Site > Add Managed Paths:
In Path, type the text we entered in Location in Step 2: sites/mysite/Personal
Click Add Path:
Next, click Self-Service Site Creation on the Ribbon, and under “Allow users to create site collections in defined URL namespaces,” select On:
4. After you have completed the steps above, test to see that configuration was properly completed returning to the home page and clicking on About Me in the header:
This will successfully redirect to your My Site:
re: How to Configure My Sites in SharePoint 2013
Just wanted to say thanks! This is the correct solution. Many others that come up in search results are missing steps or flat out wrong.