February’s Product of the Month expands SharePoint’s out-of-the-box functionality with powerful parent-child lookups and multi-select improvements to your columns. If you’ve ever wanted to make multiple selections or remove duplicate entries, then Bamboo Lookup Selector can make life on SharePoint that much better. To see how this Web Part can help you create parent-child columns and more, check out our overview below:
Lookup Selector streamlines what could potentially be messy or unorganized columns. By automatically
hiding duplicates, end-users can easily pass clutter to find the information that is needed. Some of Lookup Selector’s call-out features include:
- Allow list owners to create dependent relationships between two or more columns, so that the value of a parent column dictates what choices are available in the child column (which, optionally, could then dictate the values in subsequent child column).
- Unlike standard SharePoint lookup columns, Lookup Selector can reference lists located outside of the current site.
- Hide duplicate entries from a lookup-style field’s drop-down selection. Users only see distinct values.
- Find-as-you-type functionality: simply type the first few letters of the desired value to quickly select it.
- Allows for multiple or single selections.
- Automatically updates lookup values as the source list data is
Lookup Selector is available for SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, and SharePoint 2013.
Want to try Lookup Selector before you buy? Contact your Account Manager to start using Lookup Selector’s capabilities. In addition, when you invest in Bamboo products, you get instant access to user forums, product documentation online, and more.