In today’s highly competitive business landscape, you need top-notch technologies and solutions to power your business to success and stay ahead of the competition. Apart from performance managing software programs, business owners are proactively integrating solutions to help their employees communicate and collaborate efficiently, thereby adding to productivity and profits. This is why SharePoint is the first preference of business owners across industries for a collaborative and document management system.
Did you know that SharePoint currently has a user base of more than two hundred million spread across nearly 75,000 organizations globally? Read on to learn what SharePoint Calendars are and the user’s top calendar features.
SharePoint—What is it?
SharePoint Online is a user-friendly and performance-driven web-based application that is ideal for seamless collaboration, data storage, and smooth document management in competitive enterprise environments. It provides users with the freedom and flexibility to store data on multiple devices without constraints or limitations.
If collaboration is a challenge for your business where managing teams scattered across the globe is a hassle, you can greatly benefit from the SharePoint Calendar feature. Let’s dig deeper to learn everything about Sharepoint related to its calendar feature.
This is another powerful characteristic of SharePoint Calendar. As the name suggests, Overlays provides users with the composite calendar view. This helps eliminate confusion because of multiple SharePoint calendars that may exist at one time. The composite view provides a view of all the events from all the created SharePoint calendars. This clears ambiguity eliminating the need to review each calendar separately.
To get the composite view, go to the SharePoint Calendar settings and configure ‘Overlays.’ It can be configured easily by specifying SharePoint Calendars linking them to the underlying custom list.
Apart from this, other things that you should know about SharePoint Calendars are:
- It can be easily used on a classic site that is not connected to any group; and a modern site connected to a group.
- It offers unique security. For example, a group calendar can be edited and updated by anyone in the group. But if you don’t want that, you can have the option to control permission and set it according to your preference, thereby specifying who can edit and make changes to the group calendar.
- It also has additional columns or metadata. It means that the SharePoint calendars can be used to track sessions at events, especially if you want a column for speakers, session codes, room numbers, etc.
- It allows you to build multiple layers of the site. This is quite beneficial if you have an organization-wide intranet with smaller systems. These systems and calendars can help the organization as a whole, and also individual departments and teams stay organized. In other words, using SharePoint, you can create multiple layers of sites and systems and create calendars for better communication and collaboration. Moreover, it will not clutter up everyone’s storage space.
Feel free to reach out to us to learn more about SharePoint. At Bamboo Solutions, we specialize in products and services for SharePoint. Get free quotes now to develop your software program on Microsoft SharePoint.
Functionality is Top-Notch
With the SharePoint Calendar feature, you can create a team calendar to share event information and to get notified on what other team members are doing. Also, SharePoint calendars can be used for displaying:
- Work delivery dates and other vital information that team members should know.
Similarly, you can create a ‘group calendar’, which is equally helpful. This calendar can be used when you schedule a team meeting. It will show you the availability of all team members you want to attend the meeting and conference rooms. However, the group calendar can only be shared by users who have access to it.
Integrate and Maintain with Outlook
In addition to this, you can also sync or integrate these calendars with Outlook. But it’s crucial to note that this will create a new calendar in Outlook. The integration of a SharePoint calendar with Outlook can help employees save time communicating and collaborating on projects and working as teams.
Furthermore, with SharePoint, you can maintain a SharePoint calendar in Outlook. In this way, any updates you make to the SharePoint calendar in Outlook will be automatically synced back to SharePoint and vice versa. Therefore, you don’t have to invest time and energy in maintaining both.
In addition, it provides users the flexibility to drag and drop events from a SharePoint calendar to Outlook and vice versa for easy calendar management. When the calendars are updated for everyone, it is then easy for all team members to ensure that they are available for scheduled events or meetings and not tied up in other work. All this further contributes to better team communication, which adds to productivity and performance.
Microsoft SharePoint Calendar—All You Should Know
It is a powerful feature in the SharePoint web-based application that empowers you to smoothly and efficiently manage:
- Business appointments
- Reminders for meetings or other crucial tasks that must be tracked across the organization
Moreover, this feature can be defined as a custom list in SharePoint that has necessary metadata related to events. It resides on the SharePoint site. With this feature, users can create multiple lists representing different calendars. For instance, there can be a separate:
- HR calendar
- Training calendar
- Sales calendar
- Marketing calendar, etc.