Ok so that may have been an exaggeration, but we do have some pretty good impersonators of Queen Elizabeth and Marilyn Monroe along with pretty girls handing out ice-cream cones! The Queen we get (there is construction right outside for the upcoming royal wedding) and of course everyone loves ice-cream, but no one really understands why Marilyn is here. But enough about the entertainment – there are over 600 attendees at this event making it one of the largest SharePoint shows that I’ve been to in a while. Already we’ve spoken to people from Salvation Army, University of Denmark, ESB Telecom and many others. So far it seems like about 50% of people are already using SP 2010 or preparing to migrate this summer. I’ve also spoken to a lot of people who aren’t familiar with Bamboo, which is always great – though it is a bit challenging to answer “So what kind of product do you have?” One product? Try 60+! Of course with that many products usually we have something to solve anyone’s needs, whether it be a better calendar or a way to reset passwords. There is a diverse group of attendees from all over Europe here so we are fortunate to have the multi-lingual talents of Gina and our newest Bamboo team member, Miriam Maggi here with us. So far I’ve only been to the keynote (see John’s post for more details) and a session on Office 365 (see Wes’ post) which were both great. We’re hanging out in the booth for a few more hours because tonight is the Exhibitor Party followed SharePint. Tomorrow brings a new slew of sessions and customers, so stay tuned for more posts from London!
Read our complete coverage of the European SharePoint Best Practices Conference:
- Matthew McDermott on ‘Developing Social Applications with SharePoint 2010’
- Day 3 from the Bamboo Booth
- ‘Preparing for SharePoint 2010 and Real World Experiences’ with Paul Grimley
- Daniel McPherson on ‘The Wisdom in Your Crowds’
- Michael Noel on ‘Planning Extranet Environments with SharePoint 2010’
- ‘Understanding the Steps Necessary for Building an Information Architecture for your Organization’ with your Host, Bill English
- Matt Groves Asks ‘Office365, is it a Viable Option for You?’
- Symon Garfield Shares ‘The Secrets of Successful Enterprise Social Computing with SharePoint 2010’
- ‘SharePoint in the Cloud: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly’ with Paul Turner
- Day 1 from Best Practices London: SharePoint and Celebrity Sightings!
- ‘Best Practices for Organizing Documents in SharePoint 2010’ with Agnes Molnar
- ‘SharePoint 2010 Developer’s Mythbusters’ with Mirjam van Olst
- BPCUK Keynote Chris Johnson, Microsoft Senior Technical Product Manager, SharePoint
The cloud parts are functional components that extend your SharePoint Online environment in Microsoft 365.
Supports Classic and Modern sites for SharePoint Online/Microsoft 365
Small Business Pricing and Discounts
These web parts extend SharePoint beyond its out-of-the-box capabilities by tailoring it to your requirements with Bamboo Solution’s growing portfolio of SharePoint Web Parts.
SharePoint 2016, 2019, 2022 – Classic Pages Only
Our team of Microsoft 365 Technology Consultants helps you get the most out of your Microsoft technology, we have the best Microsoft 365 talent to streamline your organization.
Consulting to Streamline Your Department