As described by Merriam-Webster dictionary, a wiki is, “a Web site that allows visitors to make changes, contributions, or corrections.“ If you ask me, that’s an overly simplistic definition. Why not put a little zazz in the definition? For example, wikis are living rich Web pages, where users can make immediately published modifications for the world to see. With each individual change tracked by version, and tagged by who modified what part when, wikis provide a fantastic collaborative interface for users to build knowledge libraries with how-to articles, application documents, and so much more.
As you know, SharePoint provides a document library (even a site!) dedicated to wikis. Yet wikis in SharePoint are horribly underutilized, leaving us to ask, “why?” Why keep sending a document by e-mail to a group of people for review, causing users to be unsure if they are updating the most recent version? In many cases, the problem lies in the inability to import/export content to/from SharePoint wiki pages. SharePoint Wiki Libraries lack the ability to import existing fixes and extract existing wiki pages to soft/hard copy files.
This is where Bamboo’s Wiki Publisher comes in! Just to name a few features you get with Bamboo Wiki Publisher:
- Import Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) files into wiki pages.
- Font, Format, Tables preserved.
- Embedded images are automatically extracted and uploaded and organized in a predefined library.
- Export single pages to a PDF file from a quick access button on individual wiki pages, or in the wiki page edit action menu.
- Export multiple pages to a PDF file
- Select which pages to export and their order.
- Optionally select:
- Cover Page using an existing wiki library page.
- Date and page numbers in the PDF footer.
- Table of Contents page dynamically built when PDF is created.
- PDF Bookmarks added for each Wiki page included.
As you can see, Bamboo Wiki Publisher will allow you to take SharePoint wikis to the next level as a content management system. But hey, don’t take my word for it, give Bamboo Wiki Publisher a test run with our fully functional 30-day trial! Just go to the product page at http://store.bamboosolutions.com/sharepoint-wiki-publisher.aspx and click Get a 30 Day Trial. We value your feedback, so please take a few moments to let us know what you think of Bamboo Wiki Publisher after spending some time with your trial software.