PM CentralTM now fully compatible with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
Bamboo® Solutions, the leading provider of technologies that enhance Microsoft® SharePoint®, has released the latest instance of Project Management CentralTM ("PM CentralTM"), now featuring compatibility with Microsoft Windows SharePoint Server 2010 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010. PM Central for SharePoint 2010 offers an expanded feature set that further extends the out-of-the-box project management capabilities of the new SharePoint platform.
PM Central for SharePoint 2010 includes the same robust resource management capabilities and export and import options with Microsoft Office Project 2010 that are available in the bestselling and critically acclaimed PM Central offering for SharePoint 2007. PM Central for SharePoint 2010 enables project managers to scope and manage project schedules with Microsoft Project, but publish and share this data with team members in SharePoint. PM Central for SharePoint 2010 synchronizes and maintains critical project data such as tasks and dependencies between the two applications. The product's simple yet powerful resource management tools further enhance users' ability to manage projects across the organization.
PM Central for SharePoint 2010 provides dynamic, interactive workspaces to project teams, enhancing the rich native collaborative capabilities of the SharePoint platform. As the largest SharePoint 2010-compatible release from Bamboo's comprehensive portfolio of products to date, PM Central for SharePoint 2010 is a full-featured yet simple-to-deploy application that works on Microsoft Windows SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server 2010, bringing essential project management capabilities to the broadest spectrum of SharePoint users.
Familiar key features of PM Central for SharePoint 2010 include:
- Best Practices – Includes standardized Top-Level and Project site templates for providing summary portfolio information at the top-level site and controlling how project information is collected and processed at the individual project sites.
- Proficiency – By aggregating all the tasks and issues and displaying them at a central place at the top level, PM Central allows project managers and team members to effectively and efficiently track and manage tasks and issues from all their projects.
- Collaboration – Users can notify the team directly from the site with information on announcements, events or reports through Group Email.
- Dashboard – Provides executives visibility of the project's status, risks and issues at a glance via charts and key visual indicators.
- Resource Management – Enterprise Resource Pool, Gantt view, resource allocation and capacity planning for resource management and more. Includes list and ad-hoc reporting for resource planning and availability.
- Document Management – Organize and view documents in tree view.
- Integration with Microsoft Office Project 2010 – Import and export tasks to/from Microsoft Project.
- Enhanced Reporting – PM Central's reports in SharePoint 2010 have been improved visually, as has the exported/printed output of those reports.
"As with the customer feedback that has driven the development of PM Central since its inception, customer requests for a SharePoint 2010-compatible PM Central offering led to this latest release," says Wes Bryan, Product Manager for Bamboo Solutions. "SharePoint 2010 users want to extend the enhanced out-of-the-box project management features. PM Central for SharePoint 2010 leverages the native capabilities of the SharePoint 2010 platform to provide countless opportunities to extend the capabilities of the native platform."
PM Central version 1.8 for SharePoint 2010 is available for immediate download via Bamboo's online store. Licensing is per server, supporting an unlimited number of users. Existing customers who have procured PM Central as part of Bamboo's Project Management Suite and with the premium support are entitled to a free upgrade to the new release. A wealth of information is available, ensuring a smooth upgrade through the PM Central product forums on Bamboo Nation, Bamboo's community site.