If you need to search one or more lists, List Search Simple and List Search Advanced Web Parts help users yield maximum search results. These Web Parts present a simple, straightforward search interface for a single list without confusing field lists. Our Web Parts allow users to modify the scope of the search and also allow for AND/OR operator functions, providing functionality beyond the basic search capabilities of SharePoint out-of-the-box. I’m pleased to announce that Bamboo’s List Search Web Part is now available for as part of Bamboo’s growing Portfolio for SharePoint 2013.
High Level Features:
- Now available for SharePoint Foundation 2013 and SharePoint Server 2013. New!
- Specify the list to be searched, the view to use to display the search results, and the fields within the list to make available for use as search criteria.
- Constrain a search to a single list without having to create an index and search scope.
- Display search result hits individual list item.
- Identify a view associated with the list to use to display the search results, allowing the designer to specifically define the look and feel of the search results list, including columns and sorts.
- Allow grouping, as well as AND and OR operators to be included in the search criteria. (Advanced Search Web Part Only)
- Allows users to select ALL or ANY words to join search columns.
- Ability to rearrange the search results column order.
- Ability to print search results.
- Ability to search key words in all list columns.
- Users now have the option to select available lists. (Advanced Search Web Part Only)
- Translate the Web Part into English, French, German, or Spanish, or customize the translation for the language you require.
- Customize the look and feel of the Web Part modifying the HTML Source and CSS. (Simple Search Web Part Only)
Here are the examples:
1. List Search Advanced Web Part:
I have a few tasks lists that I want to search through. I also want to search using multiple criteria. In this case, I want to search for tasks completed Jeff Tubb:
I can also select another list from the drop-down to search against:
2. List Search Simple Web Part:
I have a few tasks lists that I want to search against. This time I want to search either using one specific column or search through all columns. In this case, I want to search for tasks that have “product” as text in the columns:
If seach functions for enhanced findability is important to you, try these two Web Parts out with a free, 30-day trial. Or try it out on our sandbox if you don’t already have a SharePoint 2013 environment set up.
Interested in how to apply keyword searches to List Search Web Part? Read this article.
Want to know which other Bamboo components and applications are currently available for SharePoint 2013? Check out the complete series of announcements via the links below:
- Alert Plus for SharePoint 2013
- Calendar Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Chart Plus Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Custom Identifier Column for SharePoint 2013
- Data-Viewer Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Group Email Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- KPI Column for SharePoint 2013
- List Bulk Import for SharePoint 2013
- List Print for SharePoint 2013
- List Search Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Mini-Calendar for SharePoint 2013
- My Alerts Organizer for SharePoint 2013
- Navigators for SharePoint 2013
- PM Central for SharePoint 2013
- Project Portfolio Dashboard for SharePoint 2013
- Rating Column for SharePoint 2013
- Site Creation Plus for SharePoint 2013
- Task Master for SharePoint 2013
- Tree View Web Part for SharePoint 2013
- Visual Indicator Column for SharePoint 2013
- Workflow Conductor for SharePoint 2013