[UPDATE] Calendar Plus Web Part 4.5 is now available for SharePoint 2013.
As busy as we are rolling out Bamboo products for SharePoint 2013, we continue to improve our existing products for SharePoint 2010 as well. This past week saw the release of several such product enhancements, including one for our single most popular product, Calendar Plus Web Part.
Calendar Plus Web Part has long been an indispensable tool, with which you can display calendars, events, tasks from various data sources, such as SharePoint lists, List Rollup, SQL databases, and BDC/BCS. You can also display multiple lists in the same Web Part for filtering/grouping/sorting. Organizations with a need to manage timelines and deadlines find the Gantt view to be especially useful. As you know, displaying too much data can render useless something that is otherwise useful, since there are simply too many data points to display in a meaningful fashion. To address this issue, in this release, we provide additional choices to filter your data in the Calendar Plus display using a variety of methods, such as Runtime Filter View, Web Part Connections, and List Filter Web Part. Based on your feedback, we have also added enhancements related to the Gantt view, as well as legends. See the detailed list below.
- Runtime Filter View now is available for multiple lists. An additional option, “Show Selected List” shows specific lists with specific views instead of a single list with a single view. See the online documentation here on how to use Runtime Filter View.
- More columns are available to select for filtering, as well as using the combination of columns to filter when using the List Filter Web Part. See the online documentation here on how to do so.
- Dynamically filter the calendars using Web Part Connections. See the online documentation here on how to use Web Part Connections for filtering.
- Sort the Gantt view based on certain criteria/columns.
- Ability to sort in Gantt view.
- Define the position of the legends to display in relation to each other, as in a row (horizontal) or in a column (vertical).
As the product manager, I’m always grateful to receive feedback from users so that we may continue to improve our products to suit your needs. Try out Calendar Plus Web Part with a 30-day free trial, and please share your feedback.