Eight years ago, Bamboo launched the first version of the crowd-favorite Calendar Plus Web Part. Since its inception, Calendar Plus has gone through a constant evolution in which it has added and adapted to the ever-changing SharePoint platform.
During the WSS and SPS 2003 era, the Web Part provided an easier way for users to display a single list’s data in a color-coded calendar layout. Over time, Calendar Plus has transformed into a well-established product with new features that go far beyond those offered in the initial release. It’s exciting to see how Calendar Plus has become THE go-to calendar-based Web Part for organizations currently running SharePoint 2007, 2010, or 2013.
With Office 365 and the Cloud gaining momentum, we are excited to start a new journey with Calendar Plus on SharePoint Online with the brand new Calendar Plus SharePoint App.
Whether you’re tracking your employee’s overdue tasks or checking up on who took the day off to go golfing, Calendar Plus App allows you to share information related to events, tasks, and initiatives in a centralized, visual interface.
With the basics covered above, let’s dive into some of the specific, key features of the Calendar Plus App:
- Multiple lists in a single calendar view: Add an unlimited number of lists within a site to display activities and events in a single calendar view.
- Uniquely identify items with color-coding: Color-code the different calendars according to their list of origin. Additionally, you can color-code individual items based on their column value. This helps users identify the specific calendar and event statuses when multiple lists and multiple items are being displayed in the same calendar view.
- Quick access to item details through rich tooltip interface: Rich tooltips display for the selected columns when users hover over an item in the calendar view. This allows users to retrieve essential information without requiring them to open up the item’s form.
- Wide selection of views: View data in multiple views including Day, Week, Work Week, and Month.
- Simple, intuitive interface: Through the settings interface, you can modify Calendar Plus App to meet your specific needs.
Try the new Calendar Plus SharePoint App for yourself setting up a 30-day free trial via Microsoft’s SharePoint App Store, or buy now at the low cost of just $2.49 per user. We look forward to hearing what you think and integrating your feedback into later releases of our Calendar Plus App. Want more? Stay tuned, as more Apps for Office 365 are nearing completion and will soon be available from the SharePoint App Store.