[Updated, 12/16/2011] Task Master 3.0 is now available for both SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2007.
In the real world, tasks are not tracked independently and there’s more to it than just marking your own tasks as done. The reality is that tasks are dependent on each other. If a task is stalled, it not only impacts the successors, but the whole project schedule. Task Master for SharePoint is a powerful tool for managing a project schedule in SharePoint. In this new major release, Task Master R3.0 for SharePoint 2010 (coming soon for SharePoint 2007), we’ve added many important new features such as the ability to exclude weekends and holidays, select multiple predecessors, show critical path, and much more.
High Level New Features in Task Master:
- Exclude weekends and holidays:
- Select multiple predecessors to more accurately define task dependencies:
- Insert a new task above or below an existing task from within the task details grid:
- Display critical path with total slack, early start, early finish, late start, and late finish:
- Manage Tasks from any Site using the Task Master Web Part to display and manipulate task schedules using a task list from a different site.
- Color-code tasks and milestones in the Gantt chart priority or status.
- Display a task’s schedule status with color indicator based on percent complete and the number of days that the task is overdue.
- Customize available options for the Web Part and Web Part menu, such as to show or not show the following: Go to List, Legends, Show Critical Path, Show Grid, Show Gantt, Insert a Task, and Legends.
- Compatible with Bamboo Identifier Column.
Our engineering team is now busily working on the same version for SharePoint 2007. If you want to manage the whole project plan and not just project schedule, try out Project Management Central™. If you have projects where you only want to manage the project schedule, Task Master is the perfect tool for you. Try it for 30 days free, or take it for a test drive in our sandbox environment. As always, Bamboo welcomes your feedback.